Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Variable position / anchor for images?

Hey, folks!

I've been playing around with ePub (for iBooks) recently and have run into an interesting problem. I don't have much experience with CSS/XHTML, so it's entirely possible that this is a solved problem. I've searched around a bit but haven't found a solution, so I'm hoping someone here can help me!

The question is: how do I place a floating image into text, in such a way that it's not attached to a particular paragraph?

I want the text to wrap around the image, but I don't really care if the top of the image is aligned with the beginning of a paragraph. I also don't care whether the image is aligned with paragraph A or paragraph B, so long as it stays within a certain range of text (i.e. plus or minus 3-5 paragraphs).

The idea is to avoid those awkward page breaks where there is lots of empty space at the bottom of a page because an image comes next and the image won't fit onto the page. In this situation I want the next paragraph to start and the image to appear at the beginning of the next page (in the middle of a paragraph, if necessary).

Any ideas? All advice is much appreciated!
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
The question is: how do I place a floating image into text, in such a way that it's not attached to a particular paragraph?

I want the text to wrap around the image, but I don't really care if the top of the image is aligned with the beginning of a paragraph. I also don't care whether the image is aligned with paragraph A or paragraph B, so long as it stays within a certain range of text (i.e. plus or minus 3-5 paragraphs).
As far as I know, this just isn't possible in ePub.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert