Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
kilianto
kilianto began at the beginning.

Device: Ony Boox 60
metadata.calibre file on device

Hello everybody.

I'm using Calibre with Onyx Boox 60 ebook reader.
Sending books on the device, Calibre stores also a file named "metadata.calibre" that appears in the book list on the reader.

Is there any way to hide this file on the reader?

Thanks in advance for your support.
kilianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I can change the filename as stored by the driver. But what filenames are hidden? Does prefixing the filename with a period work?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
kilianto

Yes, it does. On device there is a directory called ".onyx" that isn't displayed. I also tried to put a dot as prefix to the file and it has been hidden.

Changing the file name could be a great solution... :-)
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be in next release (you'll have to delete the existing metadata.calibre file by hand after upgrading).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
kilianto

No problem.
Thank you very much Kovid :-)

Cheers
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Hello,
I don't know if my issue is related to this one, but just in case i append my message to this thread.
in my Onyx boox sd card I have 2 metadata.calibre files:
1 = metadata.calibre
2 = .metadata.calibre

one of these is not correct and could be deleted, i suppose. but which one?

When i connect the Boox there are no problem at all and Calibre synchronizes the Library as usual.

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would suspect that the one staring with a period is the correct one, as this would tend to stop the file being displayed by the reader. You could probably tell by the date on the file - the most recent being the one to keep.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
good idea!

I'll do so.
thank you!

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #9
RobertdeHoop
RobertdeHoop began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Hi, I have an additional question on this item. When I move my books to the BooX device, it seems that the metadata file is ignored. I can not see the rating and onther information stored in Calibre.

Is this what happes to you guys too or are the stars (rating) copied into your BooX booklist?

thanks Robert.
RobertdeHoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The metadata.calibre file is only a cache for Calibre to know which books are on the device. I know of no device that reads the file to display metadata. Most devices only read the metadata embedded in the book files, so what data you see depends on which fields the format supports.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
RobertdeHoop
RobertdeHoop began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Thanks for the answer Manichean. I think my device does not read meta data so I have to hope for new firmware I suppose.
RobertdeHoop is offline   Reply With Quote