Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Drevil123
Drevil123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Redesign Kindle 2 Leather Cases from Mivizu lots of colors and design

Hey,

I am a great fan of the Kindle silicone case from Mivizu, so i contacted them yesterday to see if they will be making more silicone cases for the Kindle 2. They told me they are not but will be rolling our with something a lot better(didn't specify what, I'm assuming it is top secret stuff lol)

Anyway, they redirected me to some niceeeeeeeeee leather cases they just rolled out. I know a lot of people are crazy about the M-edge cases but I feel that they add wayy too much bulk. My wife uses the M-edge but I do not see a point on a bulky case when the Kindle 2 is nice and slim. They assured that these cases are genuine leather and it also comes with a book light. I will order mine this week when my pay check clears and will post pictures.

The link is:

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Leasthe...153710&sr=1-10

By the way I decided to buy the Kindle 2 instead of the DX thanks for the input guys!
Drevil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Very nice. Thanks for the link. I might get one. I like the look of the cases. I saw other vendors have something similar but always in boring black. BTW, I have a m-edge GO cover which I like and is not bulky. It was made to have a slim profile like the amazon case. The other m-edge cases are bulkier.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This case has one potential problem that had appeared on earlier leather cases (M-Edge I think?) - having a leather flap on the inner surface of the cover - that touches the Kindle screen and keys. Earlier cases with leather interiors, rather than soft padded linings - gave rise to complaints of the leather's color rubbing off on the Kindle case and of insufficient padding/protection for the screen.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post
Hey,

I am a great fan of the Kindle silicone case from Mivizu, so i contacted them yesterday to see if they will be making more silicone cases for the Kindle 2. They told me they are not but will be rolling our with something a lot better(didn't specify what, I'm assuming it is top secret stuff lol)

Anyway, they redirected me to some niceeeeeeeeee leather cases they just rolled out. I know a lot of people are crazy about the M-edge cases but I feel that they add wayy too much bulk. My wife uses the M-edge but I do not see a point on a bulky case when the Kindle 2 is nice and slim. They assured that these cases are genuine leather and it also comes with a book light. I will order mine this week when my pay check clears and will post pictures.

The link is:

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Leasthe...153710&sr=1-10

By the way I decided to buy the Kindle 2 instead of the DX thanks for the input guys!
Thanks for this link. I just returned my Sony 505 (Yikes, I know I'm gonna get clobbered) in favor of a Kindle 2. I love this cover as a potential future purchase - in the lovely Red Croc! It has been mentioned that the red leather coloring might rub off and I'm wondering if a screen protector would help...probably and if combined with a decal it should be A-okay!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Drevil123

Hey F1wild, I've been using the Kindle black case from them for almost 2 weeks and there was no bleeding at all. I think it is 100% safe and I have sweaty hands lol. I will let you know again in a month. I think the problem with the color bleeding was that some companies use fake synthetic leather and just dye over the leather. This case from Mivizu is genuine leather, I can tell from the softness and the smell of it. Will keep u updated though!
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Drevil123

BTW, Sony 505!!!! What were you thinking?! Haha JK
Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post
Hey F1wild, I've been using the Kindle black case from them for almost 2 weeks and there was no bleeding at all. I think it is 100% safe and I have sweaty hands lol. I will let you know again in a month. I think the problem with the color bleeding was that some companies use fake synthetic leather and just dye over the leather. This case from Mivizu is genuine leather, I can tell from the softness and the smell of it. Will keep u updated though!
Thank you for this tidbit of very useful info, Mr. Schweddy (not to be confused with SNL's Pete Schweddy). I think I might order one of the covers today - just for sh*ts & giggles!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote