Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
which power adaptor/charger should I use with 1150?

a rather stupid question.

I have an ebookwise reader, and I have been unable to charge the device. The light doesn't even go on even after i remove the memory card and even after I press and hold the reset button.

But alas, just on a whim I tried another adapter on the off chance that I might have been trying the wrong adaptor. Lo and behold, the reader seemed to light up (as it did whenever it was charging).

It's possible that I got the adapters mixed up. But I am worried that the adaptor I am using is not the right one.

What type of adapter should be using? (I realize that you're supposed to use the one that came with the readeritself).

The one that seemed to work had 12v, but I thought it had a smaller voltage (like 5 voltage).

Can someone look at what adaptor they have and provide these specs? I'm guessing that the second adaptor I tried is the right one. I just don't want to damage my reader with a wrong voltage.

Help!
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Yes this one works with 12 Volts. The supplied adapter is a bit higher than that but perhaps there is a regulator in the device. I have a couple of adapters, the one it came with and one that I can use when traveling to 220 volt areas.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes this one works with 12 Volts. The supplied adapter is a bit higher than that but perhaps there is a regulator in the device. I have a couple of adapters, the one it came with and one that I can use when traveling to 220 volt areas.

Dale
Sorry, does that mean that if a buy a 1150 I can use any 12V charger to charge it ?
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordcrasher View Post
Sorry, does that mean that if a buy a 1150 I can use any 12V charger to charge it ?
Pretty much. You need a 12V, 1 Amp (or more) charger for best results. Smaller chargers won't provide enough juice. The connector is a bit unusual so it can be hard to find the connector. Radio shack has some universal adapters. You need a connector with center + voltage. Of course the one that it comes with works fine for 110 Volts and my experience is that it is a little higher than 12 V and charges quicker than my Coby. The wiki has some information. I just grabbed the link from there: http://www.millionbuy.com/cbycav1.html for a universal charger that I use as my secondary charger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Pretty much. You need a 12V, 1 Amp (or more) charger for best results. Smaller chargers won't provide enough juice. The connector is a bit unusual so it can be hard to find the connector. Radio shack has some universal adapters. You need a connector with center + voltage. Of course the one that it comes with works fine for 110 Volts and my experience is that it is a little higher than 12 V and charges quicker than my Coby. The wiki has some information. I just grabbed the link from there: http://www.millionbuy.com/cbycav1.html for a universal charger that I use as my secondary charger.

Dale
Thanks a lot Dale, I should have somewhere one of those universal chargers, with an adapter to invert plug polarity at need.
Advert
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I use Radio Shack's 273-1775 with tip "A" (comes free with purchase) and tip set to +.

Also works for my Rockets.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
I use Radio Shack's 273-1775 with tip "A" (comes free with purchase) and tip set to +.

Also works for my Rockets.

Michael
And REB 1100!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OK, at the risk of sounding wifey, let me share a tip. I use tailings of sheets of printer labels, like when you print 27 of 30 and left with 3 odd labels on the sheet. Those are like treasure to me! I take them home, and every time we get a new gadget, I write the name of the gadget and stick the label onto the charger somewhere. Also, if I bring spare chargers to work and leave them in my desk, it's good to have my own personal cords labeled.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
OK, at the risk of sounding wifey, let me share a tip. I use tailings of sheets of printer labels, like when you print 27 of 30 and left with 3 odd labels on the sheet. Those are like treasure to me! I take them home, and every time we get a new gadget, I write the name of the gadget and stick the label onto the charger somewhere. Also, if I bring spare chargers to work and leave them in my desk, it's good to have my own personal cords labeled.
YES, very good idea!

I usually just hole punch a "spare" label and use the circle "punch out" to attach to the adapter and write a small message as to it's owner! Works like a charm (and good for failing memories...)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
Wordcrasher
Addict

Quote:
Really a good idea DixieGal !
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
That makes me feel less goofy about the Brother P-touch labels on all of my wall warts.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote