Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #91
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Not much good for me unfortunately. I have a DX Graphite and no update is listed for it.
If you are committed to your DXG and are adventurous/technically minded, check out the Developer's Corner in the Kindle Forum - the folks there have developed a lot of "hacks" - some trying to install K3 firmware on the DXG to improve its capabilities - I haven't followed closely - but it may become the only option if manufacturers abandon large screen eInk reader development in favor of tablets.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #92
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Undocumented fixes

I don't know if anyone else has spotted these yet, but I've noticed two undocumented improvements in the 3.4 Kindle Keyboard firmware update:

(1) the dictionary preview window is now three lines instead of two (making it like the newer Kindle models)

(2) when the page header is shown, only whole words appear in longer titles (instead of truncating the last one), so what used to (regrettably) shows as "The Lucifer Effect: Understanding Ho ..." now shows as "The Lucifer Effect: Understanding ..."

Very glad to see both of these.

Rob
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #93
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you are committed to your DXG and are adventurous/technically minded, check out the Developer's Corner in the Kindle Forum - the folks there have developed a lot of "hacks" - some trying to install K3 firmware on the DXG to improve its capabilities - I haven't followed closely - but it may become the only option if manufacturers abandon large screen eInk reader development in favor of tablets.
Thanks for the info, but I will let it be. I have no complaints with it, plus I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying that an update was in the pipeline but not as yet close. If it had a bug that needed fixing I might be a bit more concerned.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #94
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Thanks for the info, but I will let it be. I have no complaints with it, plus I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying that an update was in the pipeline but not as yet close. If it had a bug that needed fixing I might be a bit more concerned.
Good job getting the rumor mill running...
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote