Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
zlad
zlad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 602 firmware update question

Hi!

Can I update a Pocketbook 602's firmware from 2.0.6 to 2.1.2 version if the file is only available on the german/ukrainien etc. pocketbook site but not on the hungarian one (I live in Hungary.) or these files are language specific and I have to wait?

(z)
zlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
I have one of the beta versions of the 2.1.2 software in the CIS variant on my device.

I took a look at it seemed there is no Hungarian menu language available in this variant.
Don't know about the EU variant so.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
zlad

Thanks for your reply! Is there at least english menu in it?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
English, yes.
I'm from Portugal and that version (2.1.2 final) has portuguese language, so maybe also Hungarian.
Just install it and try. You can always go back to 2.0.6.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
zlad

Thanks. At least I could use it until they release a hungarian version. I'm before buying an e-reader. I cannot choose between pocketbook and kindle. The kindle's screen is better and amazon's costumer service seems great but in Europe it would be better an epub ready device. The hungarian pocketbook costumer service seems non-existing I cannot find at least a phone number on their homepage. It doesn't look very promising.
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
We've succesfully customised a korean menu some time ago, so adding hungarian I think it's not so hard. Check this link for more accurate description:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=10

EDIT:
the menu on the link is grabbed from a 2.0.5 firmware so probably not covering full changes since last firmwares. Anyway is simple enough to pick up an updated one with the help of applications like rsh.app.
Eventually don't worry, it can be done

Last edited by preempalver; 12-27-2011 at 03:30 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote