Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #586
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Many thanks!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #587
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
It is, I think, a reasonably good scan too.
It is a very nice scan indeed. Many thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #588
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Calm down folks, it's okay.
Have you ever noticed that the phrase calm down is occasionally followed by shrieking, gunfire or the flinging of pillows and chairs? Perhaps Edvard Munch made his name painting a howling alien who'd just landed and been told to relax.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #589
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
W H Davies - Autobiography of a Supertramp

I'd be very grateful if someone would have a go at W H Davies's Autobiography of a Super-Tramp: it's a pity that so little of his work is available, and this book is very readable.

It's easily found as a scan - for example, here at the Internet Archive:

http://archive.org/details/autobiographyofs00davi

but it is the usual OCR jumble with a major need of cleaning-up.

W H Davis himself was the unusual combination of a hobo and a major poet. After extensive travel in the USA and Canada and the publication of "Super-Tramp" in 1908, (according to Wikipedia) he read in England of the riches to be made in the Klondike and immediately set off to make his fortune in Canada. Attempting to jump a freight train at Renfrew, Ontario, with fellow tramp Three-fingered Jack, he lost his footing and his right foot was crushed under the wheels of the train. The leg later had to be amputated below the knee and he wore a wooden leg thereafter.

The war poet Edward Thomas befriended him (again according to Wikipedia) and Thomas adopted the role of protective guardian for Davies, on one occasion even arranging for the manufacture, by a local wheelwright, of a makeshift replacement wooden leg, which was invoiced to Davies as "a novelty cricket bat".

What's not to like?

Last edited by Araucaria; 04-02-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #590
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
I'll have a stab at it.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #591
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Okeedokee, have uploaded a version of "The autobiography of a super-tramp". Please forgive me for not reading it through, I've spell-checked and so on, but I don't have the time to properly proof-read it.
I know there are a couple of versions of the book available as html, but the quality didn't seem terribly good, so I went with the OCR from the internet archive.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #592
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Thanks very much SBT, I'll give it a critical read and look out for anything that needs to be done.

I'm most grateful for your quick response!
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #593
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'd love an lrf copy of "Jungle Girl" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I can't find this anywhere and feel sure it must be out of copyright because his Tarzan books are in the MR library.
I have a hardback copy, but would like to give this away and replace it with an e-book. I'm trying hard to lighten my load pbook wise, before moving house.
Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #594
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does this link help? http://www.erbzine.com/craft/jg.html or this http://www.erbzine.com/mag7/0776.html ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #595
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
It's also available in HTML form at Project Gutenberg Australia: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300981h.html
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #596
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
BookCat, I can do a conversion for you if needed.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #597
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
When I discovered it had an alternative title: The Land of Hidden Men, I found and downloaded the epub from Gutenberg Australia and converted it with Calibre. It might be nice to include it in the library if it's within the life+50 rule, which I'm unsure about.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #598
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please read the notice which is PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED at the top of this - and every other - library forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #599
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'd love an lrf copy of "Jungle Girl" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I can't find this anywhere and feel sure it must be out of copyright because his Tarzan books are in the MR library.
I have a hardback copy, but would like to give this away and replace it with an e-book. I'm trying hard to lighten my load pbook wise, before moving house.
Thanks.
Edgar Rice Burroughs died in 1950. In general, his books aren't out of copyright in the UK until 1st January 2021, in just over seven and a half years time.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #600
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs died in 1950. In general, his books aren't out of copyright in the UK until 1st January 2021, in just over seven and a half years['] time.
Just so.

I was about to ask for the creation of The Magic Mountain by Mann for my grillfiend's mom when I realized it was published in 1924, and that a viable English translation didn't appear until after that.

$4 with a discount coupon on Kobo seems like a decent enough solution.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote