Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #1411
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I'll have to be dedicated to read all this year's Heyers before her birthday sales next August.
Goodness, how many did you buy? And why rush them? There won't be any more when you've read all her books!

I bought nearly all Agatha Christie's books in a Fictionwise sale back in February 2010 (with micropay rebates, under $1 each!). I've just finished reading the 44th out of 83. I don't expect to finish them until 2014 or 2015 or so.

And I bought nearly all of Gerogette Heyer's output in the most recent sale. Again, I hope to spread them out over the next three or four years.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #1412
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Goodness, how many did you buy? And why rush them? There won't be any more when you've read all her books!
Excellent point. Just finished Frederica and loved it. Hope to savor the remaining thirteen as much.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #1413
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I think I'm just a hoarder. I've changed my hoarding habit from cameras and lenses to ebooks (and I still acquire dead tree books too, shelves are overflowing!). I have so many, I won't be able to read them all before I die, and yet I still keep getting more. Oh well, its much tidier and cheaper than cameras et al
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #1414
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I think I'm just a hoarder.
This. And at least they're only taking up hard drive space, and my two forms of back up space. Unlike my husband who is addicted to collecting Matchbox cars.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #1415
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Drats, slipped again! Between Fictionwise coupon and the new story bundle, I just added 12 new items to my TBR. The bright side? Only paid $19.63 in total.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #1416
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I just added 12 new items to my TBR. The bright side? Only paid $19.63 in total.
Now that's a good price/book (less than $1.64 each). And why those of us with large TBR lists should not buy books except when they're on a good special offer.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #1417
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I think I'm just a hoarder. I've changed my hoarding habit from cameras and lenses to ebooks (and I still acquire dead tree books too, shelves are overflowing!). I have so many, I won't be able to read them all before I die, and yet I still keep getting more. Oh well, its much tidier and cheaper than cameras et al
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
This. And at least they're only taking up hard drive space, and my two forms of back up space. Unlike my husband who is addicted to collecting Matchbox cars.
My DH collects yard junk, and complains about my digital books!?!? Yikes!
Told him, much better than when I was hoarding dead tree books!

On the plus side, it's been a few weeks w/o an e-book purchase, but please don't ask me about my Audible purchases!
FWIW, I share my Audible account with my mother....
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #1418
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
..., but please don't ask me about my Audible purchases!
FWIW, I share my Audible account with my mother....
I hear ya on the audiobooks thing. I'm finding I am more into listening (in spite of continuing to collect ebooks) than reading... its great on long car journeys (or any longer than 30 minutes or so, really) and you can take it with you anywhere on your digital device... so you can be "reading" almost anywhere, whilst doing anything at all, I guess.

I'm not into Audible, directly, I mostly get my stuff through itunes, but perhaps theres a change in the wind. (I've done well out of itunes though, Landed some brilliant stuff for $15 and less)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #1419
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, yes, Kyte! Exactly. Esp in spite of still collecting e-books!

I live 60 minutes away from the big city, so I get some killer listening done in the car.
And at home It allows me to keep my hands free to do other tasks.

Audible has great sales, where one can land full-length e-books for $5-$9.
Plus, if you've never had an account, I think you can get 2 free titles for signing up.

(Sorry, don't mean to enable & encourage the addicts here!)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #1420
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Looking at the rest of this page, I've reached the conclusion that animal-based avatars are to blame.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1421
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Looking at the rest of this page, I've reached the conclusion that animal-based avatars are to blame.
Excellent observation and conclusion! Even mine has a dog in it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #1422
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Guilty as charged.

Currently trying to NOT buy the next Dana Stabenow in the series (#16) as I re-read it. (Originally read as Audible books.) I'm hoping if I hold off I'll spot a sale or something.

The base price of Audible books, by the way, is something like $10 if you prepay the year. Especially if you figure in discounts, sales, etc. I don't prepay (silly, really), so I think I'm paying $15 a month. Which, when I net in the sales, etc, probaby gets me down to an average of $13 a book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #1423
Wald07
Audiophile

I'm just coming off the $7.49 honeymoon, myself. I buy lots on the sales they have.
I am a freaking hard-core lunatic addict to Audible. I will go to extreme lengths to get a free audiobook from them. Or $10 credit. Oh my. I am hopeless. *sniffle*
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #1424
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I just can't do audiobooks, so I guess that's good in that it doesn't give me yet another form of media to collect that I have no time for (ebooks, Blu-ray's, video games, CD's...).
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #1425
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Hey!

I resemble that remark.

copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote