Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2024, 03:29 AM   #271
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
Hello dragomonde235,
what plugins and their Calibre settings do you use for your Kobo?
Thank you for your help
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:11 AM   #272
dragoworld235
dragoworld235 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
Hello dragomonde235,
what plugins and their Calibre settings do you use for your Kobo?
Thank you for your help
So, I'm not sure I could remake my current Calibre config from scratch as it's been made through a lot of years of usage.

For adding the serie metadata to books on the kobo, I'm using 2 plugins (maybe only the first is needed ?)
- Kobo Touch Extended Driver https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211135
- Kobo Utilities https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=215339

These are the settings for the Extended Driver.
To get the serie metadata updated, I think you need the "Update metadata" checked on this page, and the series one also.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024 03 08 104254 - calibre.png
Views:	42
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	206777

I'm also converting epub to kepub when sending to device, it can have an impact ?

Name:	2024 03 08 104306 - calibre.png
Views:	40
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	206778
dragoworld235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 05:38 AM   #273
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoworld235 View Post
Hi, from what I have understood, new books need to have been imported into the kobo device database before Calibre can add the collection data to this database.

What I do :
- send the book to the device from Calibre
- eject the device
- let it loads the new books
- connect back the device to Calibre
- metadata are automatically synced to the kobo and the collection data are added
- eject the kobo, you can see the collection and book order in it in the kobo book list

I have plugins and settings in calibre from a long time of use, so it may not work out of the box. You may need kobo plugins and settings set in them so it works same as me ��.
Are you using NickelMenu to reconnect to USB without needing to replug in the USB cable?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:45 AM   #274
dragoworld235

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you using NickelMenu to reconnect to USB without needing to replug in the USB cable?
No, I manually unplug the kobo after ejecting in Calibre.
I didn't know there was another way to do it.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:46 AM   #275
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't. I wait for the new books to appear on "Unread" by "Recent" before unplugging cable. Then I count to ten before reconnecting. I don't open an ebook at that stage.

Also WiFi is off and SideloadedMode=true

Managing two Sage ereaders regularly. I check Database and backup occasionally. No database issues in over a year, or maybe more. No issues since going to My Books first and waiting for book list update. Connecting while a book is open seemed to often corrupt. So I wait a little after going to My Books, Unread. Connect cable. Wait a little and press connect.

But it seems that's not enough for some users.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 06:15 AM   #276
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

Hello Dragomonde235,
I've seen how to set up Kobotouchextend, would it be possible to see the settings for the "Collection, covers" tab in KoboTouchextend?
Thank you
Old 03-08-2024, 06:25 AM   #277
dragoworld235

Quote:
Hello Dragomonde235,
I've seen how to set up Kobotouchextend, would it be possible to see the settings for the "Collection, covers" tab in KoboTouchextend?
Thank you

Name:	2024 03 08 104231 - calibre.png
Views:	37
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	206780

Name:	2024 03 08 104246 - calibre.png
Views:	36
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	206779
Old 03-08-2024, 06:29 AM   #278
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I manually unplug the kobo after ejecting in Calibre.
I didn't know there was another way to do it.
Have a read of this thread. It's where you can download NickelMenu and all the directions you need are in the thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329525
Old 03-08-2024, 07:45 AM   #279
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

Re hello Dragomonde235,
I see that the "Collection column" field is checked, but the assosciated field is not filled. Which Caliber column do you fill in to indicate the collection of your books?
On the other hand, the "creation collection" field is not checked. Is this normal?
Thank you for your help
Old 03-08-2024, 08:35 AM   #280
dragoworld235

Quote:
Re hello Dragomonde235,
I see that the "Collection column" field is checked, but the assosciated field is not filled. Which Caliber column do you fill in to indicate the collection of your books?
On the other hand, the "creation collection" field is not checked. Is this normal?
Thank you for your help
I don't sync kobo collections to calibre anymore. So it must be remnant of previous time. As it's not creating any problems, I'm just not trying to fix something that ain't broken .

(J'ai vu la traduction de mon pseudo )
Old 03-08-2024, 09:37 AM   #281
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=dragoworld235;4404022]I don't sync kobo collections to calibre anymore. So it must be remnant of previous time. As it's not creating any problems, I'm just not trying to fix something that ain't broken .

So, how do you maker to sync kobo collections without Calibre ?
Old 03-08-2024, 10:05 AM   #282
dragoworld235

Quote:
Quote:
I don't sync kobo collections to calibre anymore. So it must be remnant of previous time. As it's not creating any problems, I'm just not trying to fix something that ain't broken .

So, how do you maker to sync kobo collections without Calibre ?
I 've re-read your messages and mine... I had a brain fart.
You have problems with syncing collections, and I was thinking series . I even wrote "collection" in my first message.
I tried and failed to sync collections before, and I gave up.
With the updates of the kobo interface with better sort and filter, and search, it's enough for my needs without using collections.
Sorry to have given you false hopes

Last edited by dragoworld235; 03-08-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:09 AM   #283
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Hi, from what I have understood, new books need to have been imported into the kobo device database before Calibre can add the collection data to this database.
I think your sequence list is generally correct.

I remember the exception now. For tags/collections, calibre can be configured to add them to the collection when the book is first transferred (does it embed it in the epub?), but series data is only added on the sync after the book is imported into the kobo database.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:35 AM   #284
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Re hello Dragomonde235,
Thank you for your help
Syncing collections from calibre to the kobo works well.

Syncing the other direction is a mess. I've done it maybe once, when something got corrupted in calibre. I created a new custom column to hold the data, ran the sync by hand once, and then did lots of manual steps to copy *some* of what it synced into the proper columns. (Lots of bulk replace steps!!)

Back then I did it by hand, now I could probably automate it with action chains and some python code to filter the tags.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:17 AM   #285
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Syncing collections from calibre to the kobo works well.

Syncing the other direction is a mess. I've done it maybe once, when something got corrupted in calibre. I created a new custom column to hold the data, ran the sync by hand once, and then did lots of manual steps to copy *some* of what it synced into the proper columns. (Lots of bulk replace steps!!)

Back then I did it by hand, now I could probably automate it with action chains and some python code to filter the tags.
Do what I do. Don't sync. It just works better that way.

Tags
firmware, firmware release