Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
WendyWright
WendyWright began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Luthiel's Song .99 cents

About a week ago, I picked up a couple of great books on amazon's Kindle for just .99 cents. I absolutely adored them. Strong fem heroes are a huge favorite of mine and Luthiel was just fabulous. Completely believable with many very human flaws and yet tough is a subtle yet powerful way.

So I thought I'd share them here. To me they were one heck of a find at that price -- especially considering the big paperbacks were 13 dollars +.

Here's the cover, description, and links:

http://www.amazon.com/Luthiels-Song-...=A7B2F8DUJ88VZ

Welcome to the World of Dreams

First Summer’s Eve has come and all elves celebrate as the black moon’s shadow fades from the world. It is also Luthiel’s fifteenth birthday.

With it come two extraordinary and dangerous surprises: a Wyrd Stone, its silvery heart a window into a world of dreams and nightmares, and a Blade Dancer, dreaded protector of the Faelands, who bears a dark message.

Instead of a celebration, Luthiel is given a terrible choice: if she does nothing, someone she loves deeply will die. Or, to save a life, she can break the most perilous law of the Faelands, and venture alone to the Vale of Mists.

If she chooses the journey, she must race Othalas— eldest and most feared of all the werewolves—past great black spiders who weave webs out of nightmares, through glittering mists with the power to reshape flesh, and at last into death by the teeth of the dark and ancient Vyrl, who feed on the blood of elves.

Either choice will bring death—unless Luthiel can find the secret in her remarkable Stone, a secret that even the nightmares fear.

http://www.amazon.com/Luthiels-Song-...=A7B2F8DUJ88VZ

Angel or Witch?

She chose to die in her sister’s place–and yet she lived. Luthiel, just 15 years old, made a brave peace with the dreaded Vyrl of the Vale of Mists. Now she must face an army sent to destroy them.

With her companions–the werewolf Othalas, the dragon Melkion, the sorcerer Mithorden, a Vyrl named Ecthellien, and the elf Vaelros who would love her–Luthiel races back to the angry faelands to beg forgiveness for monsters.

Who, if any, will survive the journey? For the Vale is surrounded by the webs of Widdershae, and the only other path leads to the Red Moon–where an ancient evil waits in the flames.

Beyond the Vale, the home she left is not the same. Armies march for vengeance. Powers play their hands in a game of ages. In the sky something evil stirs. Rumors of a dark prophecy. Whispers of a “Blood Witch.” And signs foretelling an ancient doom terrible enough to destroy worlds.

The paperback version http://www.amazon.com/Luthiels-Song-.../ref=pd_cp_b_1 has lots of starred reviews and in-depth description by reviewers. So I think these books are pretty new to Kindle.

If you read them, please post here. I'd love to chat with you about the books and characters!
WendyWright is offline   Reply With Quote