Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
tonyx3
Connoisseur
tonyx3 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus One
Nexus One 'Send to device' Error

I'm trying to use Calibre 0.6.36 on Ubuntu with my Nexus One (running Wordplayer).

The changelog says the N1 got preliminary support in version 0.6.34...

I have two problems, however...

When I plug in my N1, Calibre doesn't recognize it unless I tell the N1 to mount the SD card on the PC (this dismounts the SD card on the N1, and it shows up as a removeable disk on the PC).
Calibre then recognizes a connected Android device, and tries to scan it for books.

It shows up in the list as 'Reader' but it doesn't show any books on it. (I have two, currently, both in EPUB format, and Wordplayer reads them just fine.)

I don't know what directory it's looking in, but I'm guessing it's not scanning the Wordplayer library file for book locations?

That's problem number one.

Problem number two is that when I select a book in my Calibre library and click 'Send to device' I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 56, in run
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 233, in _upload_books
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 97, in upload_books
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 734, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.

I'm not sure where it's trying to put the book, but I can manually browse the N1's SD card, and put stuff on it just fine.

Not sure where I've gone wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

Tony
tonyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to mount the device as a drive for calibre to detect it. Go to preferences->advanced and click debug device detection and post the output
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
tonyx3
Connoisseur

I'm fairly sure it is already mounted as a drive.

It appears on my desktop just like any other thumbdrive or external harddrive, and Calibre reports that it has detected it.

It appears in Calibre just to the right of the "Library" in the bar at the top, and it's displayed as "Reader 7.2GB available."

But when I click on it, it doesn't display any of the books that are already on the device, and it gives the previously reported error when I try to send new books to it.

But, here's the debug info anyway:

Code:
Version: 0.6.36
USB devices on system:
[['0x43d', '0x108', '0x100', 'Lexmark', '1300 Series', '20A098549007172'],
 ['0x1d6b',
  '0x1',
  '0x206',
  'Linux 2.6.31-17-generic uhci_hcd',
  'UHCI Host Controller',
  '0000:00:1d.2'],
 ['0x18d1', '0x4e11', '0x100', 'Google, Inc.', 'Nexus One', 'HT9CPP808263'],
 ['0x1d6b',
  '0x1',
  '0x206',
  'UHCI Host Controller',
  '0000:00:1d.1'],
 ['0x50d', '0x237', '0x0', '', '', ''],
 ['0x1d6b',
  '0x1',
  '0x206',
  'UHCI Host Controller',
  '0000:00:1d.0'],
 ['0x1058',
  '0x910',
  '0x106',
  'Western Digital',
  'External HDD',
  '574D41535530373832383333'],
 ['0x1d57', '0xac01', '0x1110', '2.4G KB', '2.4G Mouse', ''],
 ['0x49f', '0x86', '0x802', 'ACTIONTEC', 'Bluetooth by hp', ''],
 ['0x1d6b',
  '0x2',
  '0x206',
  'Linux 2.6.31-17-generic ehci_hcd',
  'EHCI Host Controller',
  '0000:00:1d.7']]
Looking for HANLINV3
Looking for HANLINV5
Looking for BLACKBERRY
Looking for CYBOOK
Looking for ILIAD
Looking for IREXDR1000
Looking for JETBOOK
Looking for SHINEBOOK
Looking for POCKETBOOK360
Looking for KINDLE
Looking for KINDLE2
Looking for KINDLE_DX
Looking for NOOK
Looking for PRS505
Looking for PRS700
Looking for PRS500
Looking for ANDROID
	(6353, 19985, 256, 'Google, Inc.', 'Nexus One', 'HT9CPP808263')
Looking for N770
Looking for N810
Looking for COOL_ER
Looking for ESLICK
Looking for NUUT2
Looking for IRIVER_STORY
Looking for GER2
Looking for ITALICA
Looking for ECLICTO
Looking for DBOOK
Looking for INVESBOOK
Looking for BOOX
Looking for EB600
Looking for README
Looking for N516
Devices possibly connected: Android driver,  
Trying to open Android driver ... OK
Main memory: '/media/3831-3562/'
Total space: (7939817472L, 0, 0)
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyx3 View Post
I'm fairly sure it is already mounted as a drive.

It appears on my desktop just like any other thumbdrive or external harddrive, and Calibre reports that it has detected it.

It appears in Calibre just to the right of the "Library" in the bar at the top, and it's displayed as "Reader 7.2GB available."

But when I click on it, it doesn't display any of the books that are already on the device, and it gives the previously reported error when I try to send new books to it.
How is the card formatted?

If it NTFS it won't see anything. Has to be FAT32.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
tonyx3
Connoisseur

It's FAT32. Good thing to check, though, thanks.
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably a case sensitivity issue on directory names. What is the exact name of the sub directry in whihc wordplayer stores its books?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
tonyx3
Connoisseur

I'm not entirely sure where to find that information, since Wordplayer has total crap for settings and options, but there's a directory on my SD card called 'wordplayer' (no caps), so I guess maybe that's it??
Old 01-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Make a sub directory under wordplayer called calibretransfer and you should be good.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
tonyx3
Connoisseur

Ok, so I created a directory called '/wordplayer/calibretransfer' on the SD card of the N1, but calibre is still giving me the same error when I try to send a book to the device.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

dont use the send to card action, use send to main memory
Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
tonyx3
Connoisseur

Hey! It's working! Thanks!