Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
sweet noom
sweet noom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
how to clean the screen ?

hi kindlers
i was wondering how to clean kindles screen ?
i know i have to use soft cloth , but there is a little dirt spit on it
thank you
and have nice time with your kindles
sweet noom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I use a microfiber cloth that I got with my iPod touch. Works great. Don't need to use any liquid with it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, microfibre cleaning cloths work excellently.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I use a microfiber cloth that I got with my iPod touch. Works great. Don't need to use any liquid with it.
yup, i use the ones that came with my TV
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet noom View Post
i know i have to use soft cloth , but there is a little dirt spit on it
thank you
and have nice time with your kindles
Spit on the dirt and wipe it off with your sleeve.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Microfiber cloths are best. I use the one that came with my lcd monitor.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Will it hurt to use the same spray that is used for LCD cleaning or do you have to use no liquid?
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
LCD cleaning liquid would be fine, but honestly I just use a soft cloth with a tiny bit of water.

I don't think it's highly sensitive, just don't press too hard!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Will it hurt to use the same spray that is used for LCD cleaning or do you have to use no liquid?
I am a bit nervous about applying water to the screen. I don't know anything about the construction of the e-ink panel. However, I have read stories of people who have ruined their flat panel TV's because water ran to the edge of the screen and then wicked up into the inside of the front panel.

If I needed liquid to get it clean, then I would try the following: Spray it on the cloth, not directly on the screen. Make sure that you don't oversaturate the cloth - damp is good, but soaking wet is not.

Michael
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I use this: LightWedge LC100 Lens Care Kit. The microfiber cloth works great by itself, and if I need a little moisture to get something stubborn off, I spritz a little of the spray on the cloth, then lightly wipe the screen. For casual dusting, I brush the screen off with new soft make-up brush.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 AM   #11
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
I am a bit nervous about applying water to the screen. I don't know anything about the construction of the e-ink panel. However, I have read stories of people who have ruined their flat panel TV's because water ran to the edge of the screen and then wicked up into the inside of the front panel.

If I needed liquid to get it clean, then I would try the following: Spray it on the cloth, not directly on the screen. Make sure that you don't oversaturate the cloth - damp is good, but soaking wet is not.

Michael
I took your advice and my screen is squeaky clean thanks
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I use the same microfiber cloth and cleaning solution (as needed) that I use on my glasses. I never spray directly on the screen but apply a little to the cloth.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #13
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post

Michael

You should always clean electronics like this, not matter what it is.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

I just use a microfibre cloth.
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #15
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Spit and use your sleeve
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote