Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #856
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
I get pictures displayed wrong in build669, while 641 worked fine. Seems shades of gray are messed up or something. It shows in cbz, pdf, djvu... Am I missing something?
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #857
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong View Post
I get pictures displayed wrong in build669, while 641 worked fine. Seems shades of gray are messed up or something. It shows in cbz, pdf, djvu... Am I missing something?
That sounds like an issue related to the rendering of the original Mu based PDF reader project. Perhaps it needs to be adjusted to work with the improved framebuffer capacity and handling. Good thing you are bringing it up, so it can get looked at.

My .jpg are not rendering properly now either. Those I thought would be rendered by the libjpeg in the cr3 engine routines.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #858
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'll look into this. Ken is right, it's probably a regression with the new framebuffer (or rather, the underlying blitbuffer) code. Unfortunately, it might be a job that has to wait for the coming weekend, due to restricted spare time resources :-)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #859
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
PDF text reflow issue

Ok. Now it's ok for daily use and not only a developing project.

Modifying kobo_koreader.sh we get into nikel instead of rebooting. Great!

Only one more issue reading PDF with text reflow:

text pages start and end too near to upper and lower screen limit, so that we have some ugly cutted text lines. Sometimes, changing page won't show the last line of previous page that was cutted and not displayed properly.

Is there a way to avoid last text lines to be displayed so near to bottom border?

Thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #860
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
Ok. Now it's ok for daily use and not only a developing project.

Modifying kobo_koreader.sh we get into nikel instead of rebooting. Great!

Only one more issue reading PDF with text reflow:

text pages start and end too near to upper and lower screen limit, so that we have some ugly cutted text lines. Sometimes, changing page won't show the last line of previous page that was cutted and not displayed properly.

Is there a way to avoid last text lines to be displayed so near to bottom border?

Thx
I have a similar issue with the Kobo Aura. Set "Page Margin" to "large" via the bottom menu, third icon from the left.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #861
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I have a similar issue with the Kobo Aura. Set "Page Margin" to "large" via the bottom menu, third icon from the left.
Just made an attempt to use page margin parameter but doesn't seem to work. First and last line are "cutted".
I think that should be made something overlapping last lines of previous page with next (I saw something about "showing last lines of previous page" in gray instead of black in some post but don't remember about)
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #862
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
Just made an attempt to use page margin parameter but doesn't seem to work. First and last line are "cutted".
I think that should be made something overlapping last lines of previous page with next (I saw something about "showing last lines of previous page" in gray instead of black in some post but don't remember about)
In default.lua in the koreader directory there is a line that can be changed:
Code:
-- show dimmed area to indicate page overlap in "page" view mode,
-- default to false
DSHOWOVERLAP = false
Change to true.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #863
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
My .jpg are not rendering properly now either. Those I thought would be rendered by the libjpeg in the cr3 engine routines.
I didn't realize it, but my menu icons have become fuzzy lately. I blamed it on the Aura---everything that's new doesn't work as it is expected, but those are png-files aren't they?
Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #864
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I didn't realize it, but my menu icons have become fuzzy lately. I blamed it on the Aura---everything that's new doesn't work as it is expected, but those are png-files aren't they?
If you mean the tiles/icons on the Kobo "Home" page, that would not be effected by any change in the Koreader build installed, as it is part of Nickel.

I just installed FW 3.1.0 last night, but the .jpg problem predates that. It is making it hard to turn Demo mode on, or more accurately Demo mode seems to be working differently. But the images I do see in Nickel look the same as always.

Luck;
Ken
Old 12-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #865
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the icons in question are those in the top menu (and in fact, the bottom menu, too). Yes, they became a bit more "fuzzy". Maybe we need to redo them. The matter is: The color conversion became a bit more exact (!) with the rework of the blitbuffer abstraction (predating the framebuffer rework about one, two weeks, I think).

In fact, the icons just are this fuzzy - you can check with an image viewer on the PC :-)
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #866
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I think the icons in question are those in the top menu (and in fact, the bottom menu, too). Yes, they became a bit more "fuzzy". Maybe we need to redo them. The matter is: The color conversion became a bit more exact (!) with the rework of the blitbuffer abstraction (predating the framebuffer rework about one, two weeks, I think).

In fact, the icons just are this fuzzy - you can check with an image viewer on the PC :-)
Could you try some .jpg images, perhaps at different bit depths and mode (sRGB/grayscale) to start. Koreader used to do a much better job rendering my .jpg.

Luck;
Ken
Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #867
hawhill
Wizard

Of course, but this is another issue, that was my point. I won't get to work on it before the weekend, though.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #868
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Of course, but this is another issue, that was my point. I won't get to work on it before the weekend, though.
Thanks, when and if you can work it in. I think it is great that there is someone willing and able to work on such issues, at all.

I think the book cover display is effected as well.

Luck;
Ken
Old 12-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #869
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Thanks for looking into this, it's a major issue to me because koreader is the only way to reading those file formats. Will try to post some pics later...

edit: pics added, the left pic of each set is from build 669, other is 641. first set is djvu and second is cbz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131204_232457.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	828.9 KB
ID:	116203   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131204_233246.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	774.5 KB
ID:	116204   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131204_232626.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	116205   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131204_233501.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	865.1 KB
ID:	116206  

Last edited by gong; 12-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #870
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I've just tried out the build 681, it seems slower than build 641, and I still don't find a way to exit koreader and return to nickel (all I manage is, by repeatedly pressing the home button I get the device to reboot - being a newbie I don't know how to modify the koreader.sh, see post #859)
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote