Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Anybody else reading K4NT as an anti-censorship method of refering to the philosopher of criticism of reason?
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
sourdanbot
sourdanbot began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
sshd refused with new kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
The recently got K4 is not reachable via SSH (192.168.15.244 refused connection from PuTTY).

I'm using the simplest "ENABLE_DIAGS" file to usable USBNet.

Here are the diagnosis.
  1. 192.168.15.1 is reachable by ping
  2. 192.168.15.244 is reachable by ping
  3. Using "nmap 192.168.15.0/24", only one host is up (192.168.15.1). It has a 22 port open, but still refused connection from PuTTY
Hi all,
I just got a new kindle delivered a few days ago, its a non touch running the new firmware i think. settings say its version 4.1.0.
I'm trying to ssh into it via the DIAGS, and having no luck at all.

I've factory reset it, booted into DIAG mode via the ENABLE_DIAGS file. selected usbnet menu option, and connected via usb to my computer. the computer finds the interface on usb0 (running linux btw) I've set up my interface with 'ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.201 netmask 255.255.255.0 up'

I can ping the kindle, it responds.. but I cant ssh into it. I've nmaped it and nmap tells me that all ports are closed.

has anyone else had this experience, and if so do you know if there is any other way to get a ssh running on this version of the kindle?

I might be missing something but as far as I can tell amazon has removed the usbnet function in these newly shipped kindles.

cheers.
sourdanbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
USBnet is not active until about 20 seconds after you exit that menu (X option). I think on a K4 it says you have to press left to start it (read the onscreen text). You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable to get the host PC to see it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote