Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Kindle Keyboard browser limited?

For years I have gratefully used my Kindle free 3G connection to check my email when I'm far from any wifi or internet connection. The last couple of days I keep trying and I get the message, "Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page." I can still connect to Amazon. Are the days of open browser 3G over? Yes, I the latest updates, etc.
Note: I have a couple of Kindle 3s. None of them can connect or sign in to Gmail now.

Last edited by montalex; 12-19-2019 at 03:32 PM.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It's probably a security change with Gmail. But there has always been that possibility that browsing on Amazon's dime would eventually go away.

You can still connect to Amazon, because that's the purpose of the Kindle, part of what they provide when you buy a 3G capable Kindle.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325691

In the same way Wikipedia has updated security, Kindle Keyboard hasn't
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am able to access gmail via wifi on my Kindle Keyboard but not via 3G. So maybe the free 3G has been limited? But I can still get news services, etc. Curious.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
For years I have gratefully used my Kindle free 3G connection to check my email when I'm far from any wifi or internet connection. The last couple of days I keep trying and I get the message, "Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page." I can still connect to Amazon. Are the days of open browser 3G over? Yes, I the latest updates, etc.
Note: I have a couple of Kindle 3s. None of them can connect or sign in to Gmail now.
The reason 3G is restricted is because too many people have hacked the Kindle to be able to use 3G unlimited. So Amazon limited it even more. You have the people who tried to steal 3G to thank for that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason 3G is restricted is because too many people have hacked the Kindle to be able to use 3G unlimited. So Amazon limited it even more. You have the people who tried to steal 3G to thank for that.
As far as I can tell Gmail and Wiki have changed but Amazon has made no change. And that's the problem.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #7
montalex
Fanatic

Gmail access is back on my Kindle 3s. After days of trying different ways to sign in, my original bookmarks work again. I should delete this whole thread.