Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story
Lightbulb Calibre on Qnap NAS TS419P

Hello,
Are there any developers who got Calibre working on a Qnap TS419P NAS (ARM processor)
At the moment there are a lot of packages available for this Linux NAS (QPKG Plugins) but no E-Reader. If somebody tried this please let me know how to .

2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
+1 for ts 209p (also ARM)

=====
(just command line like add, extract cover, change author, CONTENT SERVER, etc...)
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
charles.haleys.org/calibre
Thanks, i gona try it, But am i right this is only a viewer for Calibre Content ? Is it posible to run the main program Calibre 0.8.2 on a Qnap by itself. And install it as a package.
2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
Thanks, i gona try it, But am i right this is only a viewer for Calibre Content ? Is it posible to run the main program Calibre 0.8.2 on a Qnap by itself. And install it as a package.
Are you referring to my calibre PHP content server? If so, then yes, like calibre's content server, my PHP server is a viewer.

I have no idea if you can run calibre on a Qnap. The best approach would be to try it. Download the binary installation package, install it, and see what happens. Note that you can run calibre's content server from the command line. It is not necessary to start the GUI.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To get Calibre to run on an ARM processor you would need to do a full port of Calibre and all its dependencies (around 100 at last count I think). This would be a non-trivial task although technically possible. I do not think that there is an existing binary distribution for the ARM processor.

However, having said that I would be very surprised if the QNAP is powerful enough or has the resources to run a Calibre setup. That was certainly the issue I found with my PowerPC based NAS system, and the calibre2opds software is the current solution I use for providing online access to my library as it only requires a web server on the NAS.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
can you get the nas to update newsfeeds via calibre rather then using a desktop computer? is it worth running from a vm to do this? is it even possible?
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote