Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #61
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Pitty but no nominations for Heinlein’s “Moon is a Harsh Mistress”, as it does not exist in eBook form.

For the same reason, no nomination for “To Sail Beyond the Sunset”, or even “The Man Who Sold The Moon” (the novella not the book), the one I should, for sure, nominate!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where is the link for the voting?
The poll is now open for 5 days.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34528

I added the three books that only had two nominations in order to have 10 books to select from.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #63
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW: Is "The Mote In God's Eye" available as an ebook? I don't see it in the Kindles store or on Fictionwise?

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #64
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Anyone know a good place for books abstracts so I can link the nomination list to them?

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here is a question. I know this is an e-book reader site, and everyone has one, however, must the books be in digital format?
Why can't we choose from a paper version also? Would dramatically increase selection, no?
So many wonderful books out there that aren't in digital format.

Just a thought.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Here is a question. I know this is an e-book reader site, and everyone has one, however, must the books be in digital format?
Must they? That is up to all the members. But, I won't participate if I need to acquire a pbook. Also, since this is a book club on a site about reading ebooks it makes sense that ebook availability is paramount.

Of course, this is my opinion and would love to hear from others.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #67
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Must they? That is up to all the members. But, I won't participate if I need to acquire a pbook. Also, since this is a book club on a site about reading ebooks it makes sense that ebook availability is paramount.

Of course, this is my opinion and would love to hear from others.

BOb
Oh Lord, I certainly don't want to start a frooo-hah....
Old 12-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh Lord, I certainly don't want to start a frooo-hah....
sure you do... too late though!

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #69
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
For the purposes of this book club I'd prefer the books to be available electronically as I'm more likely to read them!

Maybe we need a poll for it?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #70
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'd like to keep it to available on ebook as well. No real good reason, I just think it is more fun that way.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #71
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
BTW: Is "The Mote In God's Eye" available as an ebook? I don't see it in the Kindles store or on Fictionwise?
Repeat after me: "Baen is my first stop when I'm looking for SF ebooks".
http://www.webscription.net/p-581-th...-gods-eye.aspx
Old 12-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #72
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Repeat after me: "Baen is my first stop when I'm looking for SF ebooks".
http://www.webscription.net/p-581-th...-gods-eye.aspx
Eggcelent... Thanks.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I vote for "The Mote in Gods Eye"
Old 12-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I vote for "The Mote in Gods Eye"
Red Mars sounds really good... but also very long at 592 "pages". Hey, Mote is also listed at 592 pages. Time Machine lists as 128 pages.

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #75
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I was gone for two days....

Is it too late to suggest a Haruki Murakami title?

Don
Closed Thread