Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
rectangles after converting

After converting a PDF Book, the mobipocket Reader shows the document perfectly, but my cybook doesn't read the "-" signs. It only displays rectangles. I already copied the "Arial" Font used by Mobipocket on the PC but no change.

Any suggestions?
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i would recommend using the free DejaVu fonts : http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu

they have a very complete character set. when i was having trouble with improperly displayed characters in one of my books this font displayed it perfectly.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofazeroth View Post
After converting a PDF Book, the mobipocket Reader shows the document perfectly, but my cybook doesn't read the "-" signs. It only displays rectangles. I already copied the "Arial" Font used by Mobipocket on the PC but no change.

Any suggestions?
This might be because instead of the dash there might be ndash or mdash signs used. Mobipocket is able to display those fine, but if your language on your reader is not set to english, the reader might misinterpret those "exotic" dashes.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
no, the cybook's language is on english.
But thank you, it worked with the addidional fonts.
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm glad you solved the problem, those missing characters are so frustrating !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert