Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Exclamation Kindle DX now $269 from Amazon

Not sure how long it will last, but currently Amazon is selling the Kindle DX for $269.

One wonders though will this be a permanent blow out sale until the supplies are gone or just another of those short term sales?
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
Not sure how long it will last, but currently Amazon is selling the Kindle DX for $269.

One wonders though will this be a permanent blow out sale until the supplies are gone or just another of those short term sales?
It's a Gold Box sale. It lasts for another 19 hours or until supplies are exhausted.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Also - all of the Lightning Deals are for Kindle products today too.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
HoOn
HoOn began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 - Graphite
This is soo tempting? Is it worth it? I know it's bigger than the regular Kindles but is it too bulky?
HoOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Must be time to make room for the new models and accessories. I don't think I've ever seen a day the lightning deals were all Kindle related. It will be nice to see what they come up with next.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoOn View Post
This is soo tempting? Is it worth it? I know it's bigger than the regular Kindles but is it too bulky?
I love mine, after ~2 years on now. Bulkier than K3 but I've carted mine around the world several times using a 10inch netbook case (including the DXG in it's amazon black leather cover). Great value at $269 imho, old tech or not, it's a great e-book reader and has unrestricted 3G to boot.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
HoOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I love mine, after ~2 years on now. Bulkier than K3 but I've carted mine around the world several times using a 10inch netbook case (including the DXG in it's amazon black leather cover). Great value at $269 imho, old tech or not, it's a great e-book reader and has unrestricted 3G to boot.
Thanks for your feedback. After reading other people's opinions I ended up ordering it. Got the Amazon case with it too because I couldn't find anything else out there.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
The 3g is nice, but I still think that's too much for that particular model.

Just me, though.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I love my DX and the wonderful, large pearl display. So much so, in fact, I bought a second as a backup when it was last on sale. :-)

You will be pleased!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The DX is the reader I use if I'm reading while eating. I prop it up on an easel. It's nice to not have to turn pages as often. For portability and reading in bed I prefer my Kindle Touch.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I use my DXG every day. It's a must if you read poetry, plays, or books with long sentences/paragraphs (like Henry James) - so you can fit an actual book page onto one screen with the font in a readable size. I too have purchased back-ups in prior sales. I never want to be without a large screen eInk ereader.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #12
HoOn

By the way guys, the price of the Kindle DX Leather Cover (Black) just went down to only $9.99. I just bought it for $29.99 Friday morning! lol So I cancelled my order and bought it again for the new price!

http://amzn.com/B002Y27P6Y

John
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Meh, the kindle dx's seem to go to goldbox every couple of months [ok, 4-5 months], but they never have gotten below the $200 mark.

Too old for that price for me...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, kindle dx, sale