Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #211
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

Anyone have success in getting the K1 to work with Calibre?
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #212
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humandroid View Post
Anyone have success in getting the K1 to work with Calibre?
Nevermind. I returned it today. I'm sticking with my Kindle DX.
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #213
Lula Ribeiro
Lula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
cfrizz and others,

I am not so good at expressing my opinion on a device. I can only say I love it so far. The only minor in my opinion is Skype. At first is didn't work for video calls. Then, after the new version release of android skype, it works but the video image in the front cam is upsidedown. Skype is working on it, as I see in the skype support forums. I guess I will have to wait. I'm gonna try google talk video calls now.

Marketplace was already installed on it and worked fine after setting up a googlemail account. The 32Gb flashcard I bought for it is also installed now and working properly. It is easy so move documents or programs to it. I bought an adapter for being able to plug a pen drive on it. It is a microusb male to usb female adapter. I don't want to have to unplug the flashcard every time I would like to leave it at home and take some of its files with me.

Battery last long. I didn't time it, but it is not an issue to me.

Used it for a couple of games, such as angrybirds, cuttherope, smurfs, sonic, FLCommando. All working fine.

Used it to store text files and access them on work meetings. Fine also.

Did a sync of my kindle books, downloaded marvel HQs.

Used it for email on hotmail and gmail.

The only other issue I would have is not a A1 one, but is common to any other android device. It does not support diferent user's profiles, so that it can be shared without any privacy concerns. I would love to share it with my wife and I do, but this is a minor.

I like the processing time, internet speed on my wifi is working great and was very easy to set up. Screen is fine for me.

Used the GPS in my car with the sygic app. Worked fine, got a signal in two minutes (not bad, not amazing though). However the sygic is just a trial version for a week, because the maps for Brazil are a little expensive and I will just buy them later. The maps for the US are much cheaper though.

Finally I would only advise not very geeky users to avoid android devices. They are not so intuitive as other systems, altough apple itunes is also a pain in the ass if you are not a little patient and used to dealing with computers.

Well, that's it. Feel free to ask anything you like.

Last edited by Lula Ribeiro; 12-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Lula Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #214
Lula Ribeiro
Lula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, about the battery, I remembered another important detail. This tablet was built to work as phone too, although the SIM card slot is not present (it is, in the tech specs, of the product, on Lenovo website. It was supposed to be located close to the bottom left corner). Being so, it spends battery in a process called "cell phone idle". It is a battery killer. In order to avoid so, I put it on airplane mode. The drawback of this solution is that if you turn the tablet off, everytime you turn it on, the wifi will be off by default, because it is in airplane mode. Airplane mode doesn't prevent you from turning the wifi on while it is activated, but you will have to do it manually everytime you turn on the tablet. Some people claim to have solved this inconvenience by excluding the cell phone application after rooting the tablet. But that's something I don't wanna do. I am satisfied with the solution I currently use. However, this should be addressed in a future firmware, by Lenovo, in my opinion.
Lula Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #215
LesRS
Enthusiast
LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Lenovo A1 Tablet
I still love mine! I don't use Skype, but I am enjoying my purchase very much!!!!
LesRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #216
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
I have my Lenovo Ideapad A1 for two months, still love it.
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #217
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesRS View Post
I still love mine! I don't use Skype, but I am enjoying my purchase very much!!!!
fred_yu_job

How does the GPS and maps work?

Last edited by SeaKing; 02-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #218
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This will totally be blown away with the upcoming Asus MeMo which I'd buy in a second with the killer specs and features proposed.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #219
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
I just bought the 10 inch one here in the Philippines and it solved all my problems in reading djvus and pdfs, both google and internet archive.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote