Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Feature Request: Google Documents

I've been able to upload epub files to my Google Documents account. However, there's no internal viewer.

I think it would be really neat if there was a way EPUBReader would open epub files while they're stored in Google Documents. It would give a cloud-based way of reading ebooks that would allow you to keep track of the last page read on multiple computers.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
I think it would be really neat if there was a way EPUBReader would open epub files while they're stored in Google Documents. It would give a cloud-based way of reading ebooks that would allow you to keep track of the last page read on multiple computers.
Hi Gwen,

thanks for your posting!

It's already possible to open epub-files stored in google documents: click on the file in your file list and then click on "open". The file is then displayed with EPUBReader.

When opening, the file is stored on your local computer, so you can open it the next time directly from EPUBReaders private library.

The bookmarking information is also stored locally and there is unfortunately no possibility to synchronize it.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
shall1028
Nameless Being

The other option is to not use Google Documents as a storage bin but use something like DropBox (dropbox.com) instead. That way the bookmarking information is stored in the file on DropBox.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post
The other option is to not use Google Documents as a storage bin but use something like DropBox (dropbox.com) instead. That way the bookmarking information is stored in the file on DropBox.
I do love Dropbox for my Calibre collection. However, I'm not allowed to use it at work.

I was kind of hoping it would be possible to read ebooks online at work and then go back to them at home and keep track of the last page read.

Off to consider other options

Gwen
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote