Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Fincary
Fincary began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150; Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Nook
Page numbers

Hi Everyone
(Long time Lurker; first time Poster)

My Pocket Pro was delivered a week ago, and I love the device. I've read my first novel on it, and am into my second. I have my books formatted to EPub, and loaded into the Pez with Calibre.

The only problem I have is the little page numbers that show up on the right side of the screen when I'm reading. They just about blow the reading experience for me. It's not so much the two letters of the word they obscure. It's more that I'm reading along and encounter the page number, my mind leaves the story. I start thinking "Sigh...another number. Why are these here? I hate how it covers the word. What could I do...." and so on. From what I've read, these page numbers are Adobe's fault in their viewer software that is loaded in the reader?

I guess my questions are: What can I do to dump these numbers? If I need to read in a different format, what format should I convert my EPubs to best be displayed on my Pez?
Fincary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you want to try other formats (easy to do with Calibre), I suggest MOBI and FB2. There have been reports of problems with MOBI (e.g. random freezes and crashes), which might make FB2 a safer alternative.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincary View Post
Hi Everyone
(Long time Lurker; first time Poster)

My Pocket Pro was delivered a week ago, and I love the device. I've read my first novel on it, and am into my second. I have my books formatted to EPub, and loaded into the Pez with Calibre.

The only problem I have is the little page numbers that show up on the right side of the screen when I'm reading. They just about blow the reading experience for me. It's not so much the two letters of the word they obscure. It's more that I'm reading along and encounter the page number, my mind leaves the story. I start thinking "Sigh...another number. Why are these here? I hate how it covers the word. What could I do...." and so on. From what I've read, these page numbers are Adobe's fault in their viewer software that is loaded in the reader?

I guess my questions are: What can I do to dump these numbers? If I need to read in a different format, what format should I convert my EPubs to best be displayed on my Pez?
Set the "Page Setup" right margin in Calibre to about 14pt before conversion.
That will leave a right margin stripe that the numbers will appear in.

The other thing is to set a larger "Base Font" 15.5 or 16.
This makes the page number tiny, relative to the text.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Can I suggest you try Mobi first. yes there are some issues for some people but if it works for you it is a great reading experience on the V5 and one or two of the known bugs have very easy workarounds.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
Fincary
Fincary began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150; Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Set the "Page Setup" right margin in Calibre to about 14pt before conversion.
That will leave a right margin stripe that the numbers will appear in.

The other thing is to set a larger "Base Font" 15.5 or 16.
This makes the page number tiny, relative to the text.
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to try the margin/font reformatting first. If that doesn't turn out ok for me, then I'll go with converting to MOBI or FB2.
Fincary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert