Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Problem with image size (GLO, Manga)

Hi all,
I've got a problem I haven't been able to solve with calibre cbr to epub conversion :
My reader is a Glo, which has no specific settings in Calibre. It usually isn't a problem as using the settings for the Kobo Reader usually works. However it is a problem when dealing with a manga conversion : the screen size isn't the same and Calibre attempts to adapt specifically. The Glo has a much higher resolution thn the one in the default Kobo reader ; it results in images that are way too small.

I've tried to set the screen resolution manually at the time I input the conversion parameters, but it doesn't work for some reason.
That is quite frustrating, so if anybody has any idea on how to correct the problem, I'd really love to hear suggestions.

Thanks
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Use Tablet for the output profile, to prevent resizing.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, use Tablet as the profile so that the images are not resized. That will mean you won't need to resize them again if you get a different ereader or want to use an actual tablet. The current Kobo ereaders do a reasonably good job of rendering the images, so I've never felt a need to force it in calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Well, I gave it a try, and I did get a result adapted to the screen size, so thanks for that.

However, when I try to use these files, the bottom bar is back for them(it was gone ever since I updated my glo). That's quite frustrating as it means a sizeable chunk of the page is hidden.
What's even more frustrating is that I have been able to convert some mangas a while ago, and the bottom bar isn't there when I open these. Is the appearance of that bar a parameter I can configure somewhere in Calibre? I've looked, but I can't find anything to that effect so far.
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What format are you converting the manga to? If it is epub, then the footer is there and there is no official way to get rid of it. But, it can be done unofficially.

If you are converting to CBZ or CBR, these don't have the foot. There were problems with page sorting in these formats that have been fixed fixed in the latest firmware. These also have the advantage of supporting zoom for the images.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, glo, manga, screen size