Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-05-2016, 05:04 AM   #691
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch

Hi!

Version 2016.03 is released! A lot of improvements in CR, chess, OPDS
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:13 AM   #692
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

Version 2016.03 is released! A lot of improvements in CR, chess, OPDS
Excellent! Do you have a list of the changes?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #693
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, you can see them in the forum.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #694
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Has anyone loaded this new version on a Kobo Aura H20 yet?

I just tried and it doesn't appear to install?

I have an Kobo Aura H20 with KSM08 installed, and it is Kobo Firmware 3.19.5761..

I unzipped the KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo directory, and then updated, but I don't then see the installed directory, which i then move to the .add directory..

Any ideas?

Thank You.
John Feole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:25 AM   #695
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
The problem is that with this version of pbchess the folder vlasovsoft is not included in KoboRoot.tgz, but is outside of KoboRoot.tgz.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #696
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The problem is that with this version of pbchess the folder vlasovsoft is not included in KoboRoot.tgz, but is outside of KoboRoot.tgz.
Yes, you should copy 'vlasovsoft' to KOBO/.kobo also

See new installation manual here:

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...tallation#kobo
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:22 AM   #697
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes, you should copy 'vlasovsoft' to KOBO/.kobo also

See new installation manual here:

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...tallation#kobo
Thank you! This makes installation actually much easier for KSM users.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #698
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Thank you sergeyvl12.
Worked fine.

John Feole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #699
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
When vlasovsoft / coolreader is running, is there any way to see which version it is?
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:51 AM   #700
Torte
Torte began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, Sony PRS-T2
Would it be possible to enlargen the region where links are recognized, when tapped?
On the Kobo H2O it is very hard to exactly hit a footnote, because they are very small and the touchscreen isn't that precise. Especially if one uses long-tapping-zones as well, the "clicks" are misinterpreted most of the time.
Torte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:03 AM   #701
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Question Notepad not saving

I had a SONY PRS 950 and it has lost part of the screen - I keep weeping as it was after implementing alternative firmware (PRS +) the best ereader I have ever seen.
I got now a Kobo Aura H2O in the hope that its relatively open platform would allow alternative firmware as well. I see great progress here but still lack some features the Sony had that neither Coolreader nor Koreader has.

1. Word search within a book or document.
2. Annotations that can be exported as text or image.
3. Notepad

I have the Notepad app in the PB Chess bundle (paid for the licence to support development) but cannot import or save anything in or out to the Notepad. The button SAVE does respond but nothing happens then.

Is there anyone who can give some suggestions and/or confirm that this function works on the Aura H2O (or other Kobo's)?
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:03 AM   #702
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhasbeen View Post
I had a SONY PRS 950 and it has lost part of the screen - I keep weeping as it was after implementing alternative firmware (PRS +) the best ereader I have ever seen.
I got now a Kobo Aura H2O in the hope that its relatively open platform would allow alternative firmware as well. I see great progress here but still lack some features the Sony had that neither Coolreader nor Koreader has.

1. Word search within a book or document.
2. Annotations that can be exported as text or image.
3. Notepad

I have the Notepad app in the PB Chess bundle (paid for the licence to support development) but cannot import or save anything in or out to the Notepad. The button SAVE does respond but nothing happens then.

Is there anyone who can give some suggestions and/or confirm that this function works on the Aura H2O (or other Kobo's)?
Koreader has word search and allows you to export highlighted text&reflowed text to the web, which in turn allows you to import it to their app. Annotations are _greatly_ wanted in koreader, but still not implemented. Kobo Nickel has as an extra a sketchpad that you could use with a pen as a notepad.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #703
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Is the cool reader download site triolan.com.ua working? Thx
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #704
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I get a warning about an untrusted site. Normally I use the link in Kobolauncher's thread for the coolreader update.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:57 AM   #705
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhasbeen View Post
It doesn't work for me neither. Must it be activated somehow? I have Glo HD and use KSM8. I can use other features though, like reading and suduko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Koreader has word search and allows you to export highlighted text&reflowed text to the web, which in turn allows you to import it to their app. Annotations are _greatly_ wanted in koreader, but still not implemented. Kobo Nickel has as an extra a sketchpad that you could use with a pen as a notepad.
Can you use the sketchpad with inbuilt keyboard? How do you activate sketchpad?

Or is there any other way of taking notes without reading a book?
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote