Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Kindle Fire HD is flat? Very odd!

Yesterday I put two Kindles away both were nearly full, but the one in question was at 86% as I had just played a movie to see what the drain was from full. The movie was played using the ES File explorer.

I put them away knowing I'd be working on them tonight. However, one started straight away, the other had a Graphic on the front showing a battery with one red bar. Taking this to mean "I'm flat!" I plug it in to charge.

After 10 minutes or so I had a 5% charge on it.

Has this ever been seen before? Does anyone know what could have caused it?

I was under the impression that after a while Kindles put themself to sleep if nobody was using it.
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
If you leave an app open, it might have a permission to keep the Kindle awake. I've had that happen before.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hells Teeth! That's possibly what I have done!

Is there a way to check and close (if open) apps?

I'm just hitting BACK to leave an app.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Found out how - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLh8fUDdolA

Thanks for pointing it out to me
Old 12-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Yeah apps can suck the life right out of a tablet. I use GSAM battery monitor to keep track and check for running apps. I don't keep many apps on my KF. On my SGP5 I have tons. I can say Slacker Radio is the biggest battery hog I've come across. Even after I close the app it continues to suck juice. So now I force close after I am finish and that does the trick.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
I use Advanced Task Manager free version to periodically close out apps, especially if I am putting the thing to sleep. That way I avoid nasty surprises.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
GSam Battery Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
Yesterday I put two Kindles away both were nearly full, but the one in question was at 86% as I had just played a movie to see what the drain was from full. The movie was played using the ES File explorer.

I put them away knowing I'd be working on them tonight. However, one started straight away, the other had a Graphic on the front showing a battery with one red bar. Taking this to mean "I'm flat!" I plug it in to charge.

After 10 minutes or so I had a 5% charge on it.

Has this ever been seen before? Does anyone know what could have caused it?

I was under the impression that after a while Kindles put themself to sleep if nobody was using it.
Buy these two GSam Battery Monitor products:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Battery-M...attery+monitor

and,

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Battery-M...attery+monitor

You can enlarge the battery percent left icon which will show exactly how much juice you have left at any time.

They also have a table which shows exactly how much juice is being used by each app and you can go right to the app managment screen for each app from there.

That will enable you to manage your power use exactly.

Right now my GSam tables show following power uses:

Screen = 40%
WiFi = 17%
Held Awake = 15%
Bluetooth = 0%
All Apps = 28%

Of those Apps the big juice users are:

Media = 7%
System (sdcard) = 5%
Kernel = 4%

All my other apps = 12%, all of which use less than 2% each with the Appstore and Office Suite using near 2% and all the rest using 1% or less.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote