Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Deep Cover
Deep Cover began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Plugboard "Metadata: Show series [series index] - title as title (Kindle)"

I'm having trouble automatically having the kindle show the series name and the book's place within the series in the title. For example, The Man Who Went up in Smoke is the second book in the Martin Beck series of police procedurals, and I'd like the title on the kindle to be (or to start with) Martin Beck [2].

I copied pasted the following from the sticky thread on techniques to use plugboards, etc.:

format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
destination: title

Because of something I'd read on another thread, which I can't find again at the moment, I created a second plugboard that was identical except that the format was PRC.

The result was a bit surprising. It worked perfectly for some books and not for others. I could not see a pattern to what worked and what didn't. All of the books have the correct information in calibre's "Series" column. Sometimes, one book in a series worked and another didn't. Series with many books worked; a series where I have only one of the books (so far) worked. I'm having trouble thinking of anything that distinguishes the books for which it worked from those for which it didn't.

Any thoughts?
Deep Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
lbik
Reader
lbik doesn't litterlbik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle KB and Kindle Fire HD 8.9
I change the title to

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

and it works perfect.
lbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Deep Cover

Thanks. I had the same result with yours: it worked for some books, not for others. I've tried a few times to delete the books for which it didn't work and then retransfer them from the library to the kindle, but that didn't work. It just leaves the titles unchanged on the kindle.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest that you raise a bug report. I use it extensively on my Kindle, and it's always worked perfectly for me. Are you using the current version of Calibre?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
Deep Cover

Aha! I figured it out. The problem had to do with applying the plugboard to files with DRM.
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Pleased to hear that you've discovered the reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm having a problem transferring them to the Nook Color with CyanogenMod 10 (or JelllyBean), not sure how to fix this :\ It worked great with Nook Color with Manual Nooter
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote