Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Adobe comment about Amazon Fire

DPS ('Digital Publishing Suite') is Adobe's magazine publishing solution for creating interactive content for mobile devices. In this model users download a free, branded app to download content and purchase subscriptions or individual issues. The app handles in-app purchasing for the platform in question (Apple, Google Marketplace, and now Amazon Marketplace).

"Wired" magazine currently uses this on iOS, and was one of the 'interactive' magazines called out in the Amazon announcement for the Fire, so I'm kind of assuming this is the technology they'll be using for that. By using an app, the publisher gets a more direct relationship with subscribers than they can have through things like Zinio or subscriptions managed entirely through the platform provider's generic Subscriptions system (though the platform provider still gets paid).

-------------
"DPS product management team is already working on supporting the new Amazon device. Adobe AIR for our Android Content Viewer and that made it easy to customize it for Amazon’s device, as well as giving Kindle Fire customers access to their other favorite AIR applications. We added support for their Amazon Marketplace Payment APIs"

http://blogs.adobe.com/roger/2011/09...s-morning.html
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I love to have more magazine subscriptions available in a reasonably generic manner.

Not sure it's happening yet though.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
sigh. I hate Adobe products. Bloated, wasteful, inefficient. I refuse to use Adobe reader - there are better "lighter" substitutes.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
wuat
wuat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Adobe shouldn't be commenting on the work of others when they're not even able to keep flash running without serious exploits for a week.

wuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
sigh. I hate Adobe products. Bloated, wasteful, inefficient.
I don't HATE them, per se... But, I do wish they were a little lighter.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert