Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #61
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
user_none

Looks as apnx plugin doesn't work for azw3 files, only for mobi.
Would you please fix this?
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #62
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
user_none

Looks as apnx plugin doesn't work for azw3 files, only for mobi.
Would you please fix this?
I have no plans to update this plugin.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #63
maniattico
maniattico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android
Hi!

I haven't any Kindle devide (jet). I read with Kindle for Android app, sending my owns mobis by mail to my cloud storage in Amazon.

Are there any way to sync the progress "Kindle for Android" with "Kindle form PC"?

I do it now manually

Thank you in advcanced

Regards

Last edited by maniattico; 05-15-2013 at 06:36 AM.
maniattico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #64
joenojunk
joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle
I tested the plugin on one of my test books and can now see pages
if I open the book in Calibre. When I open the book in Kindle for PC
I cabt see the pages. I also cat see pages on the Book I really want to see pages on.
and when I but that book in the calibre Lib I get a DRM error.

What would you ssuggest to where I can get the pages to show on the kindle reader?
THX

---
Ok I figured it out thanks
works well
THX
Again

Last edited by joenojunk; 07-18-2013 at 12:26 PM.
joenojunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #65
joenojunk
joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.joenojunk got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle
Ive been playing around with page count and the apnx generator and am starting to get an idea on how the pages are generated. The book that I ran apnx on is off by about 30 or so pages from the hard copy. But I do like that running apnx plugin does give me a go to page option and that the pages are listed at the bottom of the reader.
For My situation.....
I've created a table that cross references the locations to the actual HC Book pages
I.E. pg202=loc3456 this has help me and other folks in the class to more quickly
get to the right location in the kindle reader. ( I want to automate)
A few questions.
1 .Is there a way for me to hard code the page list-if so how?
I already created the cross reference table.(a lot of work to do that)
2. Ive been working on an external "Go to Page" apk that would
open the book and go to the appropriate page.
so far my app opens the book via the INTENT statement But Im struggling
to find the command that would actually go to a location that I request.
here the jave code so far...

Intent intent = new Intent();
intent.setAction(android.content.Intent.ACTION_VIE W);
File file = new File("/sdcard/Books/Testbook.prc");
intent.setDataAndType(Uri.fromFile(file), "application/x-mobipocket-ebook");
startActivity(intent);

Hopefully you know the command and how to invoke after the book is open.
ie goto location 4356.
I'm stuck.. Once I know the command I can create
if the else or a case satements.
Hope someone has suggestions
thx in advanced
joenojunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #66
vanhoopy
vanhoopy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite v2
Can't get the .apnx files to work with a .mobi on kindle paperwhite v2

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some assistance. I've got a new kindle paperwhite v2 (firmware 5.4.2) and I've sideloaded a .mobi book.

I've used Calibre portable and I have installed the plug-in from the beginning of this thread v1.1.0. I've run the plugin and created an .apnx file for the .mobi book and it seemed to work and created the file almost instantly (it's about 2k in size of the same name - extension aside). I copied the .apnx file next to the .mobi file in the documents folder via USB and switched the kindle on. I selected the book and *no page numbers* just locations as before.

Any advice on what to do next to get it to work, or what i've done wrong?

Thanks.
vanhoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #67
marshallj
marshallj began at the beginning.

Device: iPad iBooks
Hi,

I installed the plugin, but there is no APNX button I can see; and what are the options for using the books you convert with pages? Can I send it to my Kindle for iPad and see the page numbers?

Thanks,

JM
marshallj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #68
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of calibre are you using? This plugin is not yet compatible with calibre 2.0 and greater.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no longer any need for this plugin because Calibre has a built in APNX generator that generates the APNX on the fly when you send the book to the Kindle. You can create a custom column to put in the page number you want.

This plugin won't work with Calibre 2.x. So use the built-in Calibre functionality.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #70
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
There is need for people that use "Save to disk", and this plugin should at least be updated to work with Calibre 2.x and to be able to use value from custom column (so you can get the same page number for Kindle device and Kindle for Android).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
There is need for people that use "Save to disk", and this plugin should at least be updated to work with Calibre 2.x and to be able to use value from custom column (so you can get the same page number for Kindle device and Kindle for Android).
Calibre can generate the APNX file using a custom column. There's little need for an APNX when saving to disk because when you do send the eBook to the Kindle using Calibre, the APNX is generated for you. If you really want the APNX file, just pull it off the Kindle.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What version of calibre are you using? This plugin is not yet compatible with calibre 2.0 and greater.
This is one plugin I don't see getting updated to work with Calibre 2.x as most of it's functionality is already present in Calibre.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #73
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@JWolf: Hint: Kindle for Android. I'm using that built-in function from the day one , so you don't need to teach me how it works.
Calibre's built-in apnx creation is part of the "Send to Device" process when sending books only to Kindle devices. It is not available for when I want to copy the same book to my Android phone , for which I would use "Save to disk" and choose "kindle" folder on my phone. So if I want to have page numbers when reading on my phone/Kindle for Android app (and I most definitely want that) I need to generate apnx file via this APNX Generator plugin (or manually copy apnx file from my Kindle PW1, at which point I might as well copy both the azw3 and apnx files form Kindle to my Nexus 4, and not use Calibre at all for sending books to my Nexus 4), which does not offer the ability to use page count from custom column. Because of that you get two different page counts for the same book, built-in generator used custom column value and APNX Plugin uses "accurate" algorithm.

Last edited by shamanNS; 09-02-2014 at 11:07 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@JWolf: Hint: Kindle for Android. I'm using that built-in function from the day one , so you don't need to teach me how it works.
Calibre's built-in apnx creation is part of the "Send to Device" process when sending books only to Kindle devices. It is not available for when I want to copy the same book to my Android phone , for which I would use "Save to disk" and choose "kindle" folder on my phone. So if I want to have page numbers when reading on my phone/Kindle for Android app (and I most definitely want that) I need to generate apnx file via this APNX Generator plugin (or manually copy apnx file from my Kindle PW1, at which point I might as well copy both the azw3 and apnx files form Kindle to my Nexus 4, and not use Calibre at all for sending books to my Nexus 4), which does not offer the ability to use page count from custom column. Because of that you get two different page counts for the same book, built-in generator used custom column value and APNX Plugin uses "accurate" algorithm.
The following is from the Calibre 2.2 update...

Quote:
Kindle driver: Add option to allow customization of the page number (apnx) generation algorithm based on values in a custom column
Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #75
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The following is from the Calibre 2.2 update...
What does that have to do with anything, much less Kindle for Android?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote