Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #91
seedyeh
seedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyeh View Post
anyone have any experience with this case: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Twill-leather...ht_2127wt_1512

seems like an affordable + functional case, but the adhesive only backing scares me (should it ever become loose)
well i ended up buying the case, and quality is good for the price. Came with a screen protector too. I bought the case mainly to use to protect the glo when I throw it into my bag, etc.

The adhesive backing is actually a silicone based, and very strong. I don't foresee the glo slipping out by accident, but I'll be carrying it horizontally rather than vertically just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726[1].jpg
Views:	278
Size:	824.2 KB
ID:	98066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0727[1].jpg
Views:	339
Size:	706.3 KB
ID:	98067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728[1].jpg
Views:	281
Size:	732.2 KB
ID:	98068  
seedyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #92
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Just unpacked the SkinDigital cover I ordered for my GF's new Glo. I'm very impressed.

Bought a Gecko for my Sony PRS-T1, and was quite happy with it, so I ordered one for the GF's new Kobo Touch last xmas. Was disappointed for several reasons. Fit and finish wasn't on par with the one I received for the Sony. Worse, there was no flap to hold the reader in, as with the Gecko Sony cover, and the reader tended to slip slightly about.

This time I thought I'd try the SkinDigital after reading promising reviews here. The Glo fits quite snugly in this case, and quality is very impressive, particularly given the $15.99 price. The only thing I would change, and this is strictly personal preference, is the clasp location. I prefer the Gecko's clasp location, sewn on the front cover and fastening to the back, while the SkinDigital, as with Kobo's own leather cover, fastens to the front.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #93
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I bought that cover on december 12th and it was shipped the same day, yet I've not received it yet...

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo...-cover-wallet/
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #94
DarthGW
DarthGW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
just got a kobo glo as my first ereader
planning to get a skindigital cover since there seems to be quite a number of ppl recommending in this thread
if i do my reading mostly on the bed (sitting up or lying down), should i go for a case cover flip or case cover jacket?
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #95
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
I bought that cover on december 12th and it was shipped the same day, yet I've not received it yet...
They make their website look western/US-style but are actually a chinese company operating from Hongkong... So shipping, while free, takes ages. I'm in the US and it took over two weeks to get mine. And that wasn't during the holiday season...The cover's nice though, esp. for the price. But the process is not so great for the impatient
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #96
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
My new Glo is in this Neoskin case. Thanks to Rhwe's thread on making a case into a sleepcover for making me notice these covers -- I followed the link in his thread, and once I saw the owls I had to buy one. Owls are wise, and er, wise people must read lots of books, and my Kobo has lots of books, so it's all thematically correct and everything (has nothing to do with the fact that I think the owls are cute). There are loads of lovely designs for these cases; just bear in mind they do come in different sizes as I think they make them sized for the Fire too, so make sure you get the right size.

It fits my Glo remarkably well, considering its a Kindle/Touch case, and I'm sure people say the Kobo Touch was larger. Glo slots into the four fabric straps and is held well. I can't get to the micro sd, but plugging the USB in is no problem with him in his case at all. The light switch is operable no problem in the case. The power slide is a bit tricky as the top right elastic thingy goes over it a bit, but this is probably also because I'm a bit unfamiliar with my Glo's switch layout coming from my K3. As Glo will go to sleep himself after ten minutes anyway, I think if it gets troublesome I could just turn the light off, zip the case up and go to sleep myself without switching off.

Not too sure yet how much protection the case gives. It is apparently Neoprane, and some people on Amazon reckon it smells a bit chemically. Well I've got the flu and my nose is a bit inhibited as a result, but I can't smell my case at all. Obviously my own owls are not smelly birds. Neoprane is apparently water resistant which I take to mean it'll be ok in the rain but not if I drop it in the canal. This is probably better protection than my K3's lighted cover, as that left the sides out. The case is padded on the back and has a stiffer front bit to offer more protection for the screen. I think if I knocked my Glo off something like the sofa the case would protect him. And I took him to the inlaws wrapped in his case in my overstuffed handbag and he was protected from pens, lipgloss, a charger, keys and half a packet of Polo mints, so that's decent protection, right?

The only problem I am having with the case is folding the front part back to read with. It doesn't go flat and feels a bit wrong. The case has two zips that make the Glo all snug when it is closed, but one of these gets in the way a bit when folding the front to the back. I like to hold with my left hand, which also taps the screen to turn pages - one handed operation is a must for me. It is ok, but I have to make sure the bottom zip is tucked away in a fold so it doesn't get in the way.

Still. Can't have everything. I've got padding and owls, so til I see UK availability on a purple sleepcover, I'm decently happy with this case.

Last edited by Liesse; 12-26-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #97
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGW View Post
just got a kobo glo as my first ereader
planning to get a skindigital cover since there seems to be quite a number of ppl recommending in this thread
if i do my reading mostly on the bed (sitting up or lying down), should i go for a case cover flip or case cover jacket?
Do you intend on holding the Glo when reading in bed?

Or do you intend on placing the Glo down and reading 'hands-free'? (Though still remembering that you need to touch it to turn the pages)

You might also consider that irrespective you can remove the Glo from any jacket and just hold it whilst you're reading in bed. To me that can be the lightest and less cumbersome method.

Also, do you intend to read the Glo when you're not in bed? That is, whilst on public transport, or when sitting at a table/desk?

For some people who like to read in all different types of situations they'd buy both kinds of cover.

Up to you, you could try one style and then in time buy the other also.

Enjoy!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #98
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:

Nothingness what a pain!!

Did you happen to take up the Tracking option when you bought it?

I bought my cover, which appears to be the same as your cover, last Saturday and I've had 2 emails from Skin Digital since advising me that it was preparing to be packaged and then that it was shipped.

I also got the Tracking order to follow it's progress via Australia Post.

In your situation in the US (?) your package may have been held up in the Christmas rush at the US end, in Customs perhaps, still waiting to be checked?

I'd send Skin Digital an email asking them where it is.

Our postal deliveries won't start here again until Friday this week due to the Christmas Public Hols, so I wouldn't expect to see it till Monday or Wednesday next week at the earliest. (Tuesday New Year's Hol)
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #99
DarthGW
DarthGW began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Do you intend on holding the Glo when reading in bed?

Or do you intend on placing the Glo down and reading 'hands-free'? (Though still remembering that you need to touch it to turn the pages)

You might also consider that irrespective you can remove the Glo from any jacket and just hold it whilst you're reading in bed. To me that can be the lightest and less cumbersome method.

Also, do you intend to read the Glo when you're not in bed? That is, whilst on public transport, or when sitting at a table/desk?

For some people who like to read in all different types of situations they'd buy both kinds of cover.

Up to you, you could try one style and then in time buy the other also.

Enjoy!!
i might do just either way to read(holding or handsfree),but i wont be bringing the reader out from my house
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #100
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I started using the easel-style covers with an M-Edge one for the original nook. I find for regular use, the folding-over is more convenient than folding sideways (which is a relict from having a 2-page open book, which most readers aren't these days... not that I wouldn't love one) Plus. while you can prop up a side-folder on a table, the top-folder allows for a nicer angle, esp. on a cramped table.

The biggest advantage though is when reading in bed if you're a side-sleeper like me: you can prop it up sideways, hands-free, read until you fall asleep, and then so does the reader... Seldom had the issue of knocking it over and so far no damage as a result.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kobo_StandUp.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	98257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_LieDown.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	98258  
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #101
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
They make their website look western/US-style but are actually a chinese company operating from Hongkong... So shipping, while free, takes ages. I'm in the US and it took over two weeks to get mine. And that wasn't during the holiday season...The cover's nice though, esp. for the price. But the process is not so great for the impatient
Ordered mine on Dec 8, and picked it up at the post office on Dec 22. Fastest Asian shipment I've had.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #102
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
I started using the easel-style covers with an M-Edge one for the original nook. I find for regular use, the folding-over is more convenient than folding sideways (which is a relict from having a 2-page open book, which most readers aren't these days... not that I wouldn't love one) Plus. while you can prop up a side-folder on a table, the top-folder allows for a nicer angle, esp. on a cramped table.

The biggest advantage though is when reading in bed if you're a side-sleeper like me: you can prop it up sideways, hands-free, read until you fall asleep, and then so does the reader... Seldom had the issue of knocking it over and so far no damage as a result.
I've always done the same with my book-hinged covers. Laying on my side, and folding the cover back in "pup tent" fashion. Downside is that it's so comfortable, I'm only good for a dozen pages before falling asleep.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #103
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

I ordered the same case on Dec 21 and it arrived today, the 28th, in Canada. It had a free registered post/tracking number offer. Maybe that accounts for the difference in shipping time.

It's a well-made case and looks good.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #104
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BookArmor Shield for Kobo Glo

I bought this case from Amazon (via NZ Post's Portland parcel forwarding centre, Amazon don't ship to New Zealand).

There is a bit of a design flaw -- the Glo's micro SD slot is obstructed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_0992.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	98709   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0993.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	98710  
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #105
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
The only thing I missed from the POS cover I had for my old Touch was the wide elastic hand strap. So I hacked my Glo cover slightly. Proof of concept pics (old elastic, bodgy sewing, but it works):

meeera is offline   Reply With Quote