Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Beechy79
Beechy79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Movies and music from external SD Card

Can anyone help. I am trying to view videos and play music from the external SD card but on any of the google play applications I have downloaded I cannot see any options that let me point the app to read from the external SD card
Beechy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I had similar, for me it looks like this version of Android is temperamental about media

there is no way to tell the apps where the media is, it should do a background scan on it's own and find any media on the device (seems to only do this when media is added or the device is restarted)

how did you add the media to the card?

when i did it I had to

wipe media from the card
connect kobo to computer with card inserted
copy media to card using explorer/finder

if i copy media to the card when it is not plugged into the kobo (using computer card reader) and then put the card in the kobo the media was never found
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Have you tried one of the file explorer apps, like ES File Explorer to locate the media on your external SD card and play it? Works for me. But strangely, if I open an email with a .wmv attachment, I can't play it.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Beechy79

I have downloaded both through the kobo and also directly onto the sd card vis the sd slot on the comouter.
Oldyellr. I have tried 2 or 3 file managers and cannot get any of them to see the contents on the sd card, although the kobo detects the sd card it will not read it. It is getting very frustrating now
Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Does anything on your external SD card work? Maybe that's where the problem is.
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Beechy79

I can se the music but it won't play. I cannot however see any movies
Old 08-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
oldyellr
Evangelist

What file explorer are you using? I hve both ES File Explorer and Astro. For music (mp3) they give me a choice of using either Google Play Music or MoboPlayer and they both work. Movies (.wmv) give me the choice of ES Video Player, MoboPlayer and Movies (Vox's Gallery?), but only MoboPlayer works. I would suggest getting the MoboPlayer app.

I haven't tried other audio or video formats. Maybe some other ones might need different apps.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
Beechy79

I have tried all of them but it none of the file managers give methe option of viewing the external sd card just the internal one. I have tried mobo player as well and this won't see the movies either.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
deldadeh
deldadeh began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Vox
Hi
Use X-Plore software you can access to all files and folder on your external SD card.
deldadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
Beechy79

Thanks. I can now see them. However they now wont play.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
oldyellr
Evangelist

I just returned to this thread after loading some audio book files (mp3) on my external card so I could listen to the books. Not a problem. I use ES File Explorer and when I press the mp3 file, I have the choice of Google Play Music or Mobo Player (which I have installed) to play the files and they both work. If you have the current update, you should have Google Play Music.