Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #376
muñeca
muñeca began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
I just used your program over the weekend but it didn't bring over the prolog of the book I was converting it only converted chapter 1 thorugh 21. Just thought I would mention this.

Its a great program by the way.
muñeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #377
HardBoot
HardBoot began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Large lrf files

I am converting a pile of .lit files which are typically 0.2 - 0.6 mb in size.

When I convert them I get an .lrf file over 5 mb.

I tried converting one to ePub and got around 0.6 mb (same size as the lit).

Is it normal that the .lrf files are so large?
HardBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #378
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBoot View Post
Is it normal that the .lrf files are so large?
Wouldn't have thought so, but are they full of images or something like that, maybe? My experience is that they're a bit larger, but not much more so.

E.g. Using the MS lit from here, which is 334KB, my conversion gives an LRF of 427KB.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #379
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The LRF shouldn't be that large.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #380
HardBoot

I loaded and converted Black on Black as suggested and I got an 5.27 mb LRF.

I'm using version 0.4.86 running on Vista Home.

Last edited by HardBoot; 09-25-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #381
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm well if you care about it, open a ticket, or just use EPUB
Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #382
HardBoot

I don't really care about it so I'll swop over to ePub. One question...how do I increase the font size in the ePub conversion?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #383
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you cant. i haven't implemented that feature yet. For some files you could probably achieve the effect you want by using

Code:
body {font-size: 14pt}
in the override css field
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #384
HardBoot

Great...that's works...so I'll move to ePub. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #385
greylin
greylin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can't convert lit file

('LitError', u'Unable to decrypt title key!'):
Failed to perform job: Convert book: Brisingr (Inheritance, Book 3)
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 760, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 729, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 167, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 137, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\lit\c onvert_from.py", line 37, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\lit\c onvert_from.py", line 26, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lit\reade r.py", line 431, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lit\reade r.py", line 624, in _read_drm
LitError: Unable to decrypt title key!
Log:
''

Can anyone help, please? I think I've used the MS reader key recovery tool correctly and I can see the keys.txt file in both the convertlit and calibre folders.
greylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #386
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by greylin View Post
Can anyone help, please? I think I've used the MS reader key recovery tool correctly and I can see the keys.txt file in both the convertlit and calibre folders.
Did you use convertlit to downconvert the book before you imported it into calibre?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:35 AM   #387
greylin
greylin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Did you use convertlit to downconvert the book before you imported it into calibre?
No - I've never had to do this before so it didn't occur to me. Now I've tried it, it works - thank you! I found some useful info at http://dukelupus.pri.ee/convertlit.php.

greylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #388
ak331
ak331 began at the beginning.

Device: palm reader
Talking I really needed help and Calibre helped a lot.

I was trying to read lit books and tried monkeying with ms reader and somehow it did not seem to be working and finally found Calibre and now I am happy and content. I am using ubuntu and I do not like windows.
ak331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500