Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
"I Am Become Death" - Sci-Fi / Adventure Short Story (Free)

I have published my second eBook short story up to Smashwords, "I Am Become Death". The blurb is as follows:

Quote:
Heroes. Every day we take for granted the good that they do for society. They keep the peace, stop evil and destroy monsters. But what happens to the collateral damage? When everyday people are caught in the crossfire and must suffer from a hero's failure? For one man caught on the front lines, he must deal with the fallout of an adventurer's ordeal, and live with the horrifying consequences.
Download "I Am Become Death" for free in multiple formats at Smashwords.com
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you, sir! I'll give it a whirl. Good choice on distributing it through Smashwords. All those different file formats are sure to cover everyone and their ereaders.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Thank you, sir! I'll give it a whirl. Good choice on distributing it through Smashwords. All those different file formats are sure to cover everyone and their ereaders.
Thanks, I appreciate that. The diversity of formats Smashwords was a big factor in going with them for my little venture. Plus, I've seen a lot of Mobileread readers use them, which helped push me in that direction.

I'd love to know what you think of the story. I hope hope you enjoy it.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Sounds intriguing. Since it's a short story, I believe I'll give it a whirl right away. Thanks very much.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
Sounds intriguing. Since it's a short story, I believe I'll give it a whirl right away. Thanks very much.
Great to hear. If at all possible, please give me some feedback (here or PM). I can take the good and bad, just whatever will help me grow and get better.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent read! I heartily recommend it to everyone . (Detailed feedback contains spoilers so I sent it by PM ).
Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
Excellent read! I heartily recommend it to everyone . (Detailed feedback contains spoilers so I sent it by PM ).
Received and much appreciated! Thanks so much!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
I not only got this one, but dl'ed "The Scream" as well. Can't wait to read them!
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post
I not only got this one, but dl'ed "The Scream" as well. Can't wait to read them!
I hope they live up to your expectations. Always dying to know what people think of them, so definitely let me know.

Wrapping up a 3rd story, just need to to make a few final tweaks and get a cover put together. Hopefully in the next week or so it'll be out.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Thanks, I appreciate that. The diversity of formats Smashwords was a big factor in going with them for my little venture. Plus, I've seen a lot of Mobileread readers use them, which helped push me in that direction.

I'd love to know what you think of the story. I hope hope you enjoy it.
I finally got around to checking our your story. Sorry it has taken me so long. I read it last night before going to bed and thoroughly enjoyed it. The way the robot formed was very imaginative. I hope you'll consider expanding this story into more detail, especially the robot and what it's "thinking" and of the main character and his quest he launches into at the end of the story. Good job, ChupaLibro. I look forward to more.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
I finally got around to checking our your story. Sorry it has taken me so long. I read it last night before going to bed and thoroughly enjoyed it. The way the robot formed was very imaginative. I hope you'll consider expanding this story into more detail, especially the robot and what it's "thinking" and of the main character and his quest he launches into at the end of the story. Good job, ChupaLibro. I look forward to more.
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to read it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I agree, there is definitely more expansion that could be done on the story. That's one of challenges of the short story format, striking a balance between the details and moving the plot forward. You never know, I may return to this "universe" in the future.

Shameless plug time: you can check out my latest story, "Unnatural Time", here.

And again...
Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Liked this one.

The letter concept I've seen before, but you've used an interesting context.

Regards
Caleb

Last edited by caleb72; 12-27-2010 at 06:54 PM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic

I enjoyed the "Unnatural time" story immensely! Exquisitely written (not just the plot - the personalities were quite superb ).

If I had to choose, I'd really wish for you to turn this into a series of stories (with the same two lead characters). Reminds me a lot of the Donovan and Powell stories by Asimov (except with a supernatural slant). The nuances of the reaper character are nice enough to remind me of Pratchett's Death character. The cherub however, stands without parallel (in my reading at least). A very unique character and I would absolutely love to see more of him .

The wise-cracking partner thing has been done a lot but in my (albeit inexpert) opinion, this duo was quite the pair . Please do post an update if you add any more stories.

I reiterate though - this was one very special short story.
I didn't see the end coming at all .
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Caleb and thrawn_aj, thanks very much for taking the time to read and post your thoughts on the stories.

Thrawn_aj, to answer your question, I definitely plan on doing more stories featuring Palequus and Peter, individual cases with ongoing character arcs (and one or two shorter-term story arc elements). Some of the seeds were planted in "Unnatural Time" and I plan to expand upon them over time. Their second story is already outlined and I'm hoping to have it out in February sometime, once I finish the latest project. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Again, thanks so much!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 AM   #15
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
I just saw this thread. Went and grabbed al three stories, and looking forward to reading them on my 2 1/2 hour journey today. Thanks.
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote