Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Zinio - Has to be officially sideloaded for now

Apparently Zinio is having some trouble. Their app is APPROVED for the Fire on the Amazon App Store, but you can't install it. At least for now.

They have a link to directly download a Fire friendly version here: http://www.zinio.com/help/index.jsp

They are, next to Amazon, the nicest company ever. They even give you welcome credit, free issues to read while they fix broken ones that you report, and some other freebies that come up sometimes. I'm almost at my second year using them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Apparently Zinio is having some trouble. Their app is APPROVED for the Fire on the Amazon App Store, but you can't install it. At least for now.

They have a link to directly download a Fire friendly version here: http://www.zinio.com/help/index.jsp

They are, next to Amazon, the nicest company ever. They even give you welcome credit, free issues to read while they fix broken ones that you report, and some other freebies that come up sometimes. I'm almost at my second year using them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Zinio is really nice.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-22-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Standard Android Zinio App Is Force Closing Fire
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Yeah, and only a couple of weeks ago, you could get FREE annual subscriptions from a handful of magazines at goreadgreen.com - but Zinio got rid of that and then recently decided to give free previews to about 8 mags instead - because of my timing, I got both!!! I have more free magazines that I can even read now!

Zinio came pre-installed on my Vox and I absolutely LOVE it! No more stacks of old magazines around my house -- now I will convert to a DIGITAL hoarder!

Zinio is also now sending some Black Friday promo previews via email!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Zinio looks nice, but what I really need is a Flipboard replacement. That's one of two apps I can't do without on the iPad, the other being Penultimate.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Zinio looks nice, but what I really need is a Flipboard replacement. That's one of two apps I can't do without on the iPad, the other being Penultimate.
Speaking of Penultimate got me interested in a stylus for the Fire. I think it warrants a thread, so here it is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158046
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
MarkY
MarkY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm getting Force Closes when attempting to run Zinio thru the Reader's Hub application. Anyone else experiencing this?
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
I'm getting Force Closes when attempting to run Zinio thru the Reader's Hub application. Anyone else experiencing this?

Zinio started giving me trouble too. Sorry. It worked but I just tried it again and it crashed. I haven't had any problems with PressReader at all. I use this more than Zinio.

I'm downloading the Fire friendly version Jessica links to in the first post of this thread and run it outside of the Reader's Hub. I see Zinio says this version is specifically for the Kindle Fire. There may be some issues with the standard Android version which explains why they released this version and why you cannot download it from Amazon. Before you download and install make sure you remove the previous version of Zinio:

Select Settings --> More (+) --> Applications --> from the drop down select All Applications. Locate Zinio and touch it. Another window should open from which you should be able to uninstall it.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-22-2011 at 10:49 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
jeanniey
jeanniey began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm the Zinio CMO - can I help?

Hi everyone, I see lots of discussion about Zinio- I'm the CMO and happy to help answer any questions you have. Alternatively you can always email me jmullen@zinio.com.

Thanks so much!

And don't forget about our 2 great zinio offers:

zinio.com/perks for any existing users- this program send you credits to use toward magazines each month based on your purchases

and

Our $25 for any new account registration program (you will receive $25 in Zinio bucks within 48 hours of opening a new account)- enjoy our selection of over 5,000 magazines on your iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphone, tablet, Touchpad or any PC/MAC
jeanniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
jeanniey
jeanniey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Zinio's Black Friday Sale is Live!

See over 90 titles with fantastic savings- many under $5 per YEAR.
http://t.co/wfv06hWh
jeanniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniey View Post
See over 90 titles with fantastic savings- many under $5 per YEAR.
http://t.co/wfv06hWh
But still no Nat'l Geographic for Android tablets. We waited for months for Zinio for Android and now no NatGeo unless one wants to read it in Russian. Unacceptable.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote