Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've been chastised for not letting it be known more broadly. But if I haven't mentioned it - it's true - all author proceeds to go to charity, more particularly to the people of Zimbabwe. But please get the book because you like the sound of it, not necessarily for my decision.

Best,

MFS
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
MichaelFStewart
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nobody buy the book!

Well you can if you wish, but it's going on sale next week, and it's a whopper! Just you wait! I'm really excited because I'm a big believer in low cost ebooks so you can reach a broad audience. Especially to entice people to try a new author.

MFS
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #18
MichaelFStewart

Hi, All,
I just received a wonderful blurb from horror author Nate Kenyon.

"Terrific! A successful blend of genres, complex and fascinating characters, and loads of suspense make 24 Bones a must-read." Nate Kenyon, bestselling author of The Reach, Prime, Bloodstone, and The Bone Factory

As someone who has a high opinion of Nate's writing, I'm really proud of this.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
Heather Parker
Nameless Being

Congratulations, Michael - Blurbs don't come much better than that!
Heather
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
MichaelFStewart

Thanks, Heather! I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #21
MichaelFStewart

SALE!

Hi everyone, my publisher, Drollerie Press, is having a mega sale. All titles are $1.99, including 24 Bones. Available there in ePUB, PDF, Mobi, Sony, eReader.

If you can, please purchase direct from the website, but you'll be able to get it for Kindle or from Mobipocket as well.

$1.99! And for a very limited time.

http://drolleriepress.com/

Or for 24 Bones: http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...products_id=84

Mobipocket: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...chStr=24+bones

But Drollerie has many fascinating titles which I myself have read and really enjoyed so please look around!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #22
MichaelFStewart

New $1.99 Suspense, Romance, Horror and YA

SALE!

Hi everyone, my publisher, Drollerie Press, is having a mega sale. All titles are $1.99, including 24 Bones. Available there in ePUB, PDF, Mobi, Sony, eReader.

If you can, please purchase direct from the website, but you'll be able to get it for Kindle or from Mobipocket as well.

$1.99! And for a very limited time.

http://drolleriepress.com/

Or for 24 Bones: http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...products_id=84

Mobipocket: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...chStr=24+bones

But Drollerie has many fascinating titles which I myself have read and really enjoyed so please look around!

Note: the Kindle pricing takes a little longer to work through the system.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for this information.

I see two books I will purchase (one of which is yours).

However, it appears that not ALL titles, as mentioned, are $1.99.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #24
MichaelFStewart

First of all, Don, thank you!

If they aren't 1.99 then they will be. The publisher had said $1.99 or 50% off, which ever was less. It could be that an author requested that they not be included in the sale.

I'd recommend Scars on the Face of God - as a great horror. Middlewitch if you're interested in YA - Heather is here on the board somewhere. Michael Boatman (Spin City star if you recall) has written a humorous Revenant Road. You'll note that the formatting is some of the best that you've ever seen. The publisher takes great pride in making each novel a work of art.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
First of all, Don, thank you!

If they aren't 1.99 then they will be. The publisher had said $1.99 or 50% off, which ever was less. It could be that an author requested that they not be included in the sale.

I'd recommend Scars on the Face of God - as a great horror. Middlewitch if you're interested in YA - Heather is here on the board somewhere. Michael Boatman (Spin City star if you recall) has written a humorous Revenant Road. You'll note that the formatting is some of the best that you've ever seen. The publisher takes great pride in making each novel a work of art.
Hahaha - Interestingly, Boatman's ebook was the other title (of two), that I've marked for purchase. (I'm waiting just a little while longer to see if any of the other titles will be lowered in price.)

Thanks for mentioned "Scars on the Face of God." I'll go over there now and read the synopsis.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
Heather Parker
Nameless Being

Yes, Middlewitch should be part of the sale until October 17th. It's only $3.79 normally but I'm not sure if it's $1.99 everywhere or half price in some of the stores. It should be $1.99 or less anyway!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #27
MichaelFStewart

Each day I'm going to feature a $1.99 or less, Drollerie Press book.

Drollerie books are DRM free and available in most formats.

The first is Scars on the Face of God. If you like classic horror, you'll like this. You can buy it here:

http://drolleriepress.com/books/

Here's the Blurb:

Hex signs protect every barn and outbuilding.

The local tannery spews its poison on the land and in the river.

And babies disappear at birth.

An orphan and one-time felon who earned his nickname “from the sound a crowbar makes when it hits a man’s head,” Johannes “Wump” Hozer is now the custodian of Our Lady of the Innocents parish in Three Bridges, PA. Wump is old and tired. He’s fought all his life against the tannery’s waste, against God, and against the blind eyes of his good neighbors. Nowadays he tries to ignore the old priest’s exploits with the young women of the parish and the strangeness surrounding the local orphanage, and does what good he can for his wife, the church, the sisters who run the orphanage, and the poor orphans themselves.

Then childhood memories and strange presentments begin to plague Wump when a brick wall unearthed at the site of a new restaurant collapses, and raw sewage carries hundreds of baby bones into the pit left behind. Looks like the devil’s made Three Bridges his playground, and Wump needs to find out why; the babies keep screaming and he has to make it stop.

Here's what the reviewers have said:

“C. G. Bauer writes with passion and intensity, tackling the mysteries of faith and fear. Hotter than the flames of hell.”
—Scott Nicholson, author of Scattered Ashes
These characters . . . are exquisitely drawn, fully-fleshed beings that leap from the page to engage you in the plot. I found it hard to believe this was C.G. Bauer’s first novel. The writing is pitch-perfect, from the language used to the intricate weaving of plot threads. This is a talented writer, a name I will expect to find on New York Times best-seller lists.
—Kelly Jenkins, SF Crowsnest Review

AmberKatze’s Book Blog published her review of C. G. Bauer’s Scars on the Face of God: The Devil’s Bible.

“With each chapter giving you a reason to keep reading, this novel really grabs and doesn’t let go. The author has taken an interesting topic and made it into a great work of fiction. “

Kerri Silva of Horror Bound Online Magazine published her review of C. G. Bauer’s Scars on the Face of God: The Devil’s Bible.

“Scars on the Face of God: The Devil’s Bible” by C.G. Bauer is an intriguing story of infanticide and the end of the world.”

Marc Schuster of Small Press Reviews published his review of C.G. Bauer’s Scars of the Face on God: The Devil’s Bible.

“Scars on the Face of God is a fast-moving, highly engaging paranormal mystery with spooky undertones and a haunting aftertaste — the perfect read for a winter evening by the fire!”
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #28
MichaelFStewart

My next featured book is Middlewitch!

Middlewitch is a fantasy written by Mobilereads local, Heather Parker. It’s on sale for just 1.99.

Drollerie Press isn’t just green by selling ebooks it also plants a tree for every book they release!

Here’s the Middlewitch synopsis:

Being a witch isn't always easy. She's managed to learn love potions with only one real mistake, and that was hardly her fault. She can whip up a mean maths retention spell, but it's not all cake and roses. Take dating, for instance. As Alicia Meldrew puts it, how does one even bring it up? “Hobbies? Yes, I usually practise the black arts on Mondays, Thursdays and every other weekend. You?”

Alicia is a young witch with a mission: to protect the citizens of Middlewitch, a sleepy little hamlet consisting mostly of a church, a senior citizen's home, a pub, and two constables. You'd think such a small town wouldn't have problems with dark forces, but you'd be wrong. With the help of her cats, Domino and Tango, the Women's Institute, and even the Vicar, Alicia faces down demons, vampires, satanists, an American...and even the City.

She finally has a boyfriend, but is she really able to learn to share her life with James? And if she can, is she strong enough to learn to get on with his mother?

Here’s what the reviewers think:

Holly of Long and Short of It review.
“The fun in this book comes from the fact that Alicia takes herself much more seriously than those around her. Yes, she’s a witch, but rather inept in many ways.

Kelly Jensen of SFCrowsnest review.
“For all its supernatural problems, ‘Middlewitch’ sounds restful when compared to our modern, urban life. Since I can’t realistically move there, I’ll have to wait for the next instalment of tales about its resident witch, Alicia.”

Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #29
MichaelFStewart

Confessions of a Creature

I can only say good things about this novel. It is richly textured and intelligent. You can buy it here:

Here's the Blurb:

Frankenstein’s creature is determined to gain revenge against Frankenstein for condemning him to a lonely, fearful life. His revengeful pursuit of Frankenstein, and Frankenstein’s death, leave the creature stranded far from civilization, both physically and spiritually.

Now that his driving force is gone, he must learn to live. A chance meeting with a remarkable Russian granny who sees through his hideous exterior to his badly damaged spirit gives him the opportunity to overcome what he is, and perhaps become who he was meant to be.

In this novel, Gary Inbinder uses historical detail carefully and accurately to examine what it means to be human. Viktor is unusual for any time, not just because of the means of his birth, but because he doesn't have the assurance that he is a man because he is a man. His journey leaves him as confused as we all are, at times, about what it means to be who we are, but we, the reader, are able to see that he is, indeed, human in all the ways that matter--and truly a product of his times, as much as any man he meets.

Here’s what the reviewers say:

Ann Marie Chalmers of Front Street Reviews:

“… This wonderfully written novel will have any reader hooked right from the beginning. It is an enjoyable and extraordinary story!”

Amber from ParaNormalRomance Reviews:

“ . . . This magnificently written tale will grip any reader from the beginning and not let go until the end. It is a pleasing and astonishing account of what could have been.”

Camellia of The Long and Short of It review:

“This novel is full of well-written, graphic description that will linger with this reader for a long time.”

Enjoy!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #30
MichaelFStewart

Until ‘Chocolatier’s Wife’ I don’t believe I’d ever read a cozy before, and I’m glad I did. Speer has very strong characterization. Part fantasy, part romance, part cozy, this is a wonderful novel to curl up with, holding a cup or two of hot chocolate. Be sure to make it yourself; you never know who your enemies are.

You can buy it here:

Here’s the synopsis:

Tasmin, William's wife to be, was chosen by a spell, as all wives and husbands are chosen. It's a nice, tidy way to find a reasonable mate for almost everyone. Unfortunately, Tasmin is from the North, a place of magic and strange ritual, and William is from the South, where people pride themselves on being above the kind of insanity practiced by the Northerners, which has nothing to do with the fact that most people in the South have lost their ability to practice magic.

William doesn't seem in a hurry to send for Tasmin, for which none of his family blame him. After all, she's a barbarian. She, on the other hand, would like to know what's keeping him. When he's framed for murdering his patron, Tasmin takes matters into her own hands, harnessing the wind to bring her to William's side. She's gotten to know Wiliam from his letters. He's not a murderer and she's going to help him prove it.

William, incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit is shunned by his family for the embarrassment, and for giving up the family shipping business for foolishness, and for saddling them with a Hag for a wife, which means he can't protect Tasmin from his family's cold dislike of his barbiaran wife-to-be--but that's not the worst of it.

Someone out there doesn't like him and is begining to dislike Tasmin almost as much, and that someone isn't at all averse to making sure William and Tasmin aren't around long enough to celebrate their wedding.

Tasmin, of course, has other plans.

Here’s what the reviewers said:

Amanda from Fiction eBook Review:

“This one is an excellent read for anyone who enjoys a good keep-you-on-your toes suspense novel. Throughout the whole book you will find yourself wondering who committed the crime…”

eBook Guru.org gave Cindy Lynn Speer’s The Chocolatier’s Wife their award for Best Fiction eBook for January 2009.

“This book was completely original in its story line, expressively written, and it draws the reader into the story right away. When I read this one, I quite honestly couldn’t put it down.”

Orange Blossom of The Long and The Short of It review:

“I love a good fantasy but throw in mystery, romance and even chocolate and I’m hooked. That’s exactly what you get in The Chocolatier’s Wife. Ms. Speer created an Exceptional Read.”

Mrs. Giggles review:

“I would heartily recommend this thing of beauty to anyone who likes a fantasy cozy mystery.”
Enjoy!

Tags
1.99 novels, 24 bones, drollerie, ebook, michael f stewart, supernatural thriller, urban fantasy