Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Calibrate
Calibrate began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Auto email to Kindle

I set Calibre to pull down the latest version of the local news. Is there a way to auto convert and send it to my kindle when I open Calibre or do I need to manually need to send each days news to my Kindle?

New here. I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on this...
Calibrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
references->Sharing by email, Tick Auto send next to the emails you want news auto delivered to.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Calibrate

Perfect, thanks.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Calibrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
references->Sharing by email, Tick Auto send next to the emails you want news auto delivered to.
Long delayed follow up on this question. I have about 10 news sources that download to the Calibre news category each day.

As suggested I have "Preferences->Sharing by email, Tick Auto send next to the email" for the email of my Kindle paperwhite.

With this setting, I was hoping after the latest items are downloaded by Calibre, they would convert, and email seamlessly to my paperwhite (which always has wireless on)

What happens now is the subscriptions are downloaded to the Calibre news library but they are not sent to my paperwhite unless I plug in the paperwhite via USB.

What I have been doing is connecting via USB with Calibre open. When I do this, all of my subscriptions are then converted and transferred to my kindle perfectly.

The other way select the subscribed item, right click, and 'Connect/Share' then 'email to...' then select the email of my paperwhite manually. It will then convert it and email the subscribed item to my Kindle paperwhite.

I know I must have an incorrect setting. It would be so nice just to have Calibre automatically email subscribed news to my kindle after it downloads it automatically.

I know I must be doing something wrong
Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Calibrate

Is what I want to do even possible?
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Set your output format to mobi. Automatic send by email will not work if you are downloading the periodicals in epub.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
Calibrate

Ok I changed from AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW1 to only MOBI. I did not have an epub setting.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Output format under Preferences->Behavior
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Calibrate

Ok thanks, made the changes. I will see how it works tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your help. Outstanding program.