Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

When Wifi is turned off an android process hangs after boot.

When I turn on the edge with the WiFi switch turned off, a half minute or so after booting an android process hangs and I get a dialog on the LCD screen:

Sorry!
Process android.process.acore is not responding.
Force Close Wait

I hit Wait and life usually continues normally from that point. It does not repeat again while the edge is powered on. It will happen again after the next cold boot. It will not happen if the Wifi switch is turned on, even if there is no accessible router for a wifi connection.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I powered down my eDGe, turned off the hardware wifi switch, then powered back on. It booted up fine to the LCD screen, showing the Airplane symbol on the Notification Bar, as expected. I.e., I wasn't able to reproduce it.

Given the nature of this behaviour, I recommend submitting a Tech Support help request so they can investigate.

Advert