Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #91
Maike13
Connoisseur
Maike13 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad 1st Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Hi I tried using iNewsStand today. I hadn't used it for a few months.

I wasn't able to login to Feedbooks via my iLiad today and I haven't been prompted to login previously - my iLiad had always remembered my settings.

I was able to login to Feedbooks via my PC today, so that's working fine and I know I entered my login details correctly on my iLiad.

However, I was able to search Feedbooks via iNewsStand and download books directly onto my iLiad with no problem today.
Thanks for checking that for me. That seems to confirm what I'd come to suspect, that the problem is on the feedbooks site, not on my Iliad. I tried the book search/download and that works for me too. I hope they fix this as I was enjoying downloading the newspaper feeds.
Maike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #92
Maike13
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Hi....

Just polling: I'm thinking about developing a new simple application for the Iliad to browse, select and download books from feedbooks.com. I believe they have about 3000 free books. I plan to program this against the xml api described here: http://feedbooks.com/api

Will people be interested in this or will I be the only user

Greetz, Hansel.
Hi Hansel,
I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much interest in Iliad development anymore. I guess people have moved on. The iNewsStand application does some of this so that would be a good place for you to start. No browsing, but you can search and download books on feedbooks directly to your Iliad, and if you make the search vague you can look through the many hits. AdamB has both the compiled and source code posted earlier in this thread (two different post).

iNewstand also has a the ability to download the custom newspapers that can be set up on feedbooks, although that feature seems to be broken now on my Iliad (and another iliad user reported this too), as we can no longer log into our accounts from iNewsStand. Logging in from the web works fine though, which is odd. I tried to get hold of Hadrien (from feedbooks) but he seems to have moved on too. If you happen to figure out how to repair this feature of iNewsstand that would be even better than a new application :-)

Mike
Old 03-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #93
hypermush
hypermush began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie/Irex Iliad
Just to add another vote, I have the same problem with logging in to FeedBooks.

I wonder how many users are still around...?
hypermush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #94
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Yep, I have the same problem logging in.

Perhaps it has something to do with the secured login method now used by Feedbooks.com i.e. https://

This was changed a few months back and that "broke" the iLiad Downloader, I think.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #95
Maike13
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Yep, I have the same problem logging in.

Perhaps it has something to do with the secured login method now used by Feedbooks.com i.e. https://

This was changed a few months back and that "broke" the iLiad Downloader, I think.
Thanks for that insight. I hadn't noticed the change but that would explain it. I think Adam posted the source code so perhaps it can be fixed fairly easily.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #96
jrial
jrial began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iRex Iliad, nokia 770, gp2x, palm zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermush View Post
I wonder how many users are still around...?
One more now. After some time with a poor substitute for my previous iLiad, I finally bought myself a new one. Man, I missed that thing!

EDIT: Oh, and the reason I bought it was that I'm subscribed to this thread, and kept receiving mails which were kind of irrelevant since I no longer owned an iLiad. I could've unsubscribed, but come on, we all know buying a new iLiad was the only correct course of action. So thanks, guys, for keeping this thread alive and luring me back into Camp iRex.

Last edited by jrial; 03-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.
jrial is offline   Reply With Quote