Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
margs007
margs007 began at the beginning.

Device: chromebook
Software for Chromebooks/Chrome OS

Hey there, i recently got a chromebook after my laptop died. I was able to recover all my epubs from the hard drive...but i havent really found a suitable epub cloud based reading system. I was wondering if Calibre had any plans to make a html5 app or software for online use or to download and use offline with the chromebook. It probably wouldn't be possible to be fullfeature like the normal version, but a small app to organize, edit, convert and read books would be awesome!
margs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Eventually the calibre content server will get write support, which means you will be able to use it to manage your calibre library. But it wont be any time soon, as I have lots of other things on my plate as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
You could dual boot ubuntu.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chromebook, html5