Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #1531
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
A lady from church lost her husband this past week. The funeral is on Saturday. She had been married and widowed before and now her latest husband has passed. I gather he had been having some heart trouble and they put in 9 stents only for him to have problems with water in one of his lungs and in the end his system just couldn't handle everything. He was only 68.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #1532
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Light a Virtual Candle

On Friday, one of the granddaughters of my youngest sister took her own life, evidently in response to bullying. She was a beautiful and always smiling 14 year old, having given no hint anything was wrong. I feel so bad for everyone, especially my sister and her oldest daughter. I'll be going out of town soon for the funeral.

The past few months haven't been the easiest. In September we discovered that my daughter has leukemia, a situation that has made it necessary to log in a lot of travel time and put a lot of mileage on the car in the past four months. I hadn’t shared that before except with the moderation team, but there it is.

I'm generally a pretty private person, and one who hates talking about their troubles, but sometimes you just have to share these things.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-01-2015 at 02:43 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #1533
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You have my deepest condolences. I am sending you warm, healing thoughts.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #1534
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
On Friday, one of the granddaughters of my youngest sister took her own life, evidently in response to bullying. She was a beautiful and always smiling 14 year old, having giving no hint anything was wrong. I feel so bad for everyone, especially my sister and her oldest daughter. I'll be going out of town soon for the funeral.

The past few months haven't been the easiest. In September we discovered that my daughter has leukemia, a situation that has made it necessary to log in a lot of travel time and put a lot of mileage on the car in the past four months. I hadn’t shared that before except with the moderation team, but there it is.

I'm generally a pretty private person, and one who hates talking about their troubles, but sometimes you just have to share these things.
Thank you for sharing with us, and allowing us to be there for you, at least in thought, in your time of need.

(((HUGS))) One of the worst things about depression (and yes, I'm speaking from experience - both my own and with family), is that people learn how to mask it - not only from their friends and acquaintances, but from family, and sometimes even from themselves.
I know this doesn't help to ease the pain you're feeling, but I hope it will at least help with that thought of "Nothing seemed wrong". She remained as strong as she possibly could.
I'm very sorry for your loss and I send my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #1535
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm terribly sorry to hear that, WT Sharpe. My thoughts are with your family.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #1536
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
W.T. Sharpe; I am sad to hear about your and your familie's loss and the illness of your daughter. It must be such a hard time for you all and I wish you strength. My thoughts are with you and your family. Keep strong.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #1537
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Tom, there are no words. A loss when the generations are out of sync is an enormous tragedy always, and when you think of your great-niece's pain, it's virtually unbearable.

You must be terrified about your daughter. I'm so sorry.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #1538
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Praying with you and for you all.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #1539
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #1540
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm sorry to hear your family has had so much sorrow and worry of late WT Sharpe. May God grant you and your family his peace.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #1541
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Thanks, crich.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #1542
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Oh Tom -- you and your family have had enough unexpected tragedy - this last case is doubly sad because it is so senseless ... Like issybird said, there are no words - just emotions to share ..
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #1543
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh Tom -- you and your family have had enough unexpected tragedy - this last case is doubly sad because it is so senseless ... Like issybird said, there are no words - just emotions to share ..
Thanks, pooh. There's an Instagram page dedicated to the memory of my great niece. From all the warm wishes of her classmates it's obvious she had many friends. There's even a "wear blue" campaign in her honor. Why she should let some bullies get to her like this will always be a mystery.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #1544
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
WT Sharpe. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. You are in my prayers.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #1545
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Thank you, Mag.

— Tom