Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #1516
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
For those on board the missing AirAsia flight QZ8501, as well as their families and friends. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Mine too.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:27 AM   #1517
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Indeed.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #1518
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
For those on board the missing AirAsia flight QZ8501, as well as their families and friends. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Yes. May the all find peace in some fashion, especially after the horrific news report.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:33 PM   #1519
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
On December 22, 2014 I lost my mom due to hospital negligence and it hasn't been the same since. She loved to read Christian fiction books and had over 300 in her bedroom. In fact, she had been to a Choice Books garage sale a couple weeks before she died and didn't even get to put the new books she bought on her bookshelf. I have a Sony PRS-300 but she was dead set on her paperback She got me hooked on Amish fiction as well. I got a Google Play gift card so I can buy more books for my 300 and I will have a hard time not wanting to try and ask her what her favorite author is! She had gotten walking pneumonia and for some unknown reason, the hospital that admitted me wouldn't admit mom even though we both had the same thing. Just keep me and my family in your prayers. Thanks for making such an awesome forum MR! Keep up the great work!!!
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:56 PM   #1520
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
On December 22, 2014 I lost my mom due to hospital negligence and it hasn't been the same since. She loved to read Christian fiction books and had over 300 in her bedroom. In fact, she had been to a Choice Books garage sale a couple weeks before she died and didn't even get to put the new books she bought on her bookshelf. I have a Sony PRS-300 but she was dead set on her paperback She got me hooked on Amish fiction as well. I got a Google Play gift card so I can buy more books for my 300 and I will have a hard time not wanting to try and ask her what her favorite author is! She had gotten walking pneumonia and for some unknown reason, the hospital that admitted me wouldn't admit mom even though we both had the same thing. Just keep me and my family in your prayers. Thanks for making such an awesome forum MR! Keep up the great work!!!
Oh my goodness! I"m so sorry to hear that!! (((Hugs))) My condolence to you and your family. May you come to find comfort in the memory of her love for you and may your mother Rest in Peace.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 AM   #1521
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I second that thought.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:30 AM   #1522
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
My condolences to you and your family readerlover.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #1523
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Our thoughts are with you and your family readerlover.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #1524
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
My deepest sympathy to you and your family readerlover.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #1525
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry to hear that, readerlover. Good luck to her family and friends.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #1526
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Sympathy to you and yours, readerlover. Losing a mother is never easy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:33 AM   #1527
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
The hospital that admitted me wouldn't admit mom the first time dad took her in at 4:00am on the 21st but when she went back almost exactly 12 hours later in the ambulance with the lights & sirens going and the ambulance going 100+, that's when it was basically over. My brother and sister watched her die right in front of their eyes while I was in the hospital. She had turned 74 October 8th and were going to celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary on 1-18-15. I found out that the hospital that we went to is the worst hospital for pneumonia rates in the area and it's the smallest hospital of the 3 but it merged with one of the two bigger hospitals in the area sometime either in '13 or '14. Monday marks 27 months off asthma steroids for me and the 2nd marked 28 months off topical steroids for me and it's been the first time that I haven't had my mom by my side helping me in the fight. If you want to, google Topical Steroid Withdrawal, Red Skin Syndrome, or steroid-induced eczema. That's what I've been going through and it's literally been hell on earth. It looks like a chemical burn all over the body but it's from the damage that the steroids caused. It takes 1-4+ years to get through the recovery depending on how long you used the steroids, how potent they were and where you used them. I've had many times where I have wanted to go back on the stuff but the 2nd withdrawal is worse than the first and I'm only going through this thing once and once only. Please help spread the word on how dangerous topical steroids and Nasacort Allergy 24Hr nasal spray is!! If you ever want to find out what it's like, please PM me and I'll tell you more!!! Thanks for all the condolences everyone. It means a lot to I and my family!

ps: Sorry for such a long post. I tend to be long-winded for some reason!

Last edited by readerlover; 01-04-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #1528
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
readerlover

My condolences to you and yours.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #1529
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, readerlover... My sincere condolences.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 01-13-2015 at 09:54 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:47 PM   #1530
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My condolences also for the loss of your mother, readerlover. (It's a rather curious thought also but I can't help but bring this up: are hospitals allowed to refuse the admission of a patient?)

Anyway, I'm also hoping your condition goes better soon.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote