Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Geeking Out Over Genealogy and Swiss Archives

You guys, the Uni. Basel archives had all kinds of stuff on my Swiss ancestors! This is my third great grandmother, Elisabeth Hindermann-Hauser. They also had her memorial booklet, which mentioned that she "lost all hope" of her son's return to Basel when he married in New Orleans (that set of second great grandparents were a Swiss and a Creole Belle) but how she enjoyed visits from her oldest grandchild from New Orleans (my great grandmother).

I had a picture of her as an older woman and a first cousin of mine has a portrait of her as a very young woman, which lived over my grandmother's fireplace when I was a kid, so I was thrilled to see a picture that was at another stage of life.

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote