Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Amazon Update of purchased books

I have gotten emails from Amazon letting me know that there are updates available to books that I have bought and downloaded.

After following the instructions to update the books, I don't see anything happen on the kindle (Fire). Is there a way on the Fire to see that the books actually got updated?
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It depends on the publisher, but I would think that it would be noted in the first few pages like in most books. Somewhere where the copyrights are. As long as you're connected to wifi, the books should get synced pretty much instantly without any notice.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
sugrue

Thanks Jessica
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The updates are supposed to be automatic. I would look on the carousel to see if the books have been added at the front of the queue, also if they show up first when sorting "By Recent". If either of these are true, then the book has been updated. If not, it might still have been updated because the Fire's new stuff management is flaky.

If you are unsure, try deleting the ebook from the Fire and then restoring it from the Cloud.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
sugrue

Thanks wallcraft. The updated books hadn't moved to the front of the queue or shown first under "By Recent" when I posted above. However, a short while later both were true. Guess I should have been more patient (not in this lifetime!).
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post
I have gotten emails from Amazon letting me know that there are updates available to books that I have bought and downloaded.

After following the instructions to update the books, I don't see anything happen on the kindle (Fire). Is there a way on the Fire to see that the books actually got updated?
I think they changed the way the books update now. The books don't get deleted now, and you keep all your highlights and notes. I had a book update yesterday (the book had a whole chapter missing). It updated on the Fire, but I guess it updated in the background; I never noticed a thing.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote