Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
larlarcook
larlarcook began at the beginning.

Device: ipad; kindle
Failed epub file in iTunes Connect

I have just tried uploading a file to iTunes Connect to be sold in iBooks. I have received the following error messsage:

“ERROR ITMS-9000: "Unmanifested file found : Classic_Works_of_Parley_P._Pratt_-_Parley_P._Pratt.epub:/META-INF/calibre_bookmark”

When I unzip the epub file I notice a file called:

calibre_bookmarks.txt

which is located in the META-INF folder. My other books have not had this file in there and since it appears that this error is caused by this file, is it safe to just remove this file and rezip the epub? I don't know what this file is for or why it was created.
larlarcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
larlarcook
larlarcook began at the beginning.

Device: ipad; kindle
Got this fixed. I can remove this file--it's created by Calibre's ebook viewer.
larlarcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Yes, as you discovered, you can safely remove it. It's annoying, though. And iTunes does the same thing. See for example this post: http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...pubs-with.html
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote