Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Arianne
Arianne began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Protected Page -- Not a PDF-EPUB issue

I have PRS-300 and today it developed the protected page issue with overdrive library books. After several reinstalls of all the software, plus several Hard Resets, I am now able to have ONE epub library book at a time. It is not a PDF issue. all of the books are Epub files.

I am traveling out of town for a week soon and want to have multiple library books available. Other than switching to a Nook, does anyone have any ideas?

I have read through most of the forums and see many of the issues are around PDF/EPub at same time on reader. That is not my issue here ...

thanks for any advice/support. And yes, I bought the Ereader SOLELY for library use.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook & PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
... I am now able to have ONE epub library book at a time. It is not a PDF issue. all of the books are Epub files.
... yes, I bought the Ereader SOLELY for library use.
No pdf files involved, but still only able to open 1 epub at a time, that seems to be an odd combination of symptoms.

A few quick thoughts that might help (sorry if you've already covered this ground)...

1- Might there be some other non-epub DRM'ed filetypes creating the conflict? i.e., similar to SONY's pdf/epub DRM conflict, but instead of a pdf, it's another format?

2- Have you tried downloading a non-DRM epub file (e.g., google for public domain epubs, or perhaps create your own test epub) - so you can see if this is definitely SONY's dreaded DRM defect, or perhaps something unrelated to the DRM-protected library books you're testing with?

3 - Related to this, can you open more than one non-DRM epub files? ... or do you only get the "protected page error" with DRM'ed epub files?

4- As useless as the rest of us find this to be, have you looked at SONY's advice on the "protected page error"...

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1008686

Perhaps something else in this knowledge base report might trigger an idea?

Hopefully something above helps you get to the bottom of it. Sorry, I know how frustrating it can be!
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert