Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Slight problem sending lrf files to Sony PRS-600

When I send an lrf file to my Sony Prs-600 using calibre I get the little circling arrows when I open the book or resize text.
Sending the same file with the Sony Reader software I don't get the little circling arrows when I open the book or resize text.
If I send an Epub file it works fine in both, no little circling arrows
I have tried this with multiple files and it is consistent.
It makes no difference whether I have converted the file myself.
I did change the plugin to author so I would only have one collection per author. (I had previously sent a book with 27 tags, got 27 collections and deleted them all by hand, which was stupid, oh well.)

This is not a bitch, as I can use reader to upload or del with the arrows , just letting you know if you don't already.
Another small oddity, is when I sort by author, using the gui I get odd results at times. and I do use the drop down list.

It is a lovely piece of software and I shall donate as soon as I can figure out how.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is known behavior.

The first time the Sony reader opens the LRF file, if it does not already have it set up it creates some sort of page index. The Sony library software knows the algorithm that the Sony firmware uses, so it can create this index in advance. Calibre does not know the algorithm , so the reader has to create it when it first opens the book (and also if the first time you chagne to another font size while reading the book).

Regarding the sort by author in the GUI - that actually uses the author-sort field rather than the author field that is displayed. If you look at the metadata for the oddities you will almost certainly find that the author-sort field is not set up correctly.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Thank you
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote