Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
voidIndigo
Enthusiast
voidIndigo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, REB 1200, Kobo Glo
Thumbs up Brazilian Ebook Reader

From the site: http://www.mixtecnologia.com.br/site...CodigoSecao=s2

A rough translation:
"The MIX TECNOLOGIA partners with CARPE DIEM EDIÇÕES E PRODUÇÕES to launch the MIX LEITOR D project, the first eletronic book reader with 100% national software technology and patent requested in the e-readers market in Brazil. The project has been developed for a year and has a multi-discipline team formed by technical, financial and juridic consultants, editors and jornalists. The device will hit the market in june, 2010."

From other sources, I got some more info:
- There will be a feature - Interquiz - that will allow the user to take quizes about the subject being consulted. Notice the A-E and V-F (True - False) buttons above the keyboard;
- also, the keyboard will allow entering comments and doing searches;
- It will cost R$650 (Basic model) and R$1.100 (Premium model). That's ~350 and ~590 US;
- The screen will be 6" e-Ink, wheight 400g, capacity 1Gb (Basic) and 4Gb (Premium)
- It will have an Internet conection (probably wi-fi) to a dedicated portal to purchase content, but will also be capable to browse public domain libraries.

For now, that's it. I'll try to get some more info.

I'm really happy with this news!! I sure hope it's not another vaporware.

Best regards,

void Indigo
voidIndigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Muito Obrigado!!!
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
editoraplus
editoraplus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-505
More details?

Hi,

I'm very interested in getting more information about this lauch. I'm an e-book publisher (see editoraplus.org), we publishes free e-books. I really hope this new device comes with support to .epub and non-drm books.

Regards,

Eduardo Melo
editoraplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Seems a little expensive and a bit clunky looking! Look at that frame around the screen for example. Looks water tight though
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
mairabc
mairabc began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Wonderful news!

Those are wonderful news for all the Brazilian users out there, myself included. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those and post a review here

Cheers!
mairabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Very cool this appears to be the first WI-FI device and looks very nice. But I must agree the price seems quite high.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Legal!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
According to an article on Teleread, this device reads the Sony BBeB format. That is a detail I find interesting.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
According to an article on Teleread, this device reads the Sony BBeB format. That is a detail I find interesting.
.lrx or .lrf?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
http://www.leitord.com.br
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
voidIndigo
Enthusiast
voidIndigo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, REB 1200, Kobo Glo
Dream Reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
WOW! From the info in this link, this reader lacks only one feature: COLOR! (Two if you count the fat-burning, but I digress)

- Inner light (hum, hope it doesn't mess with the screen shapness)
- 6" screen
- 16 gray scale
- QWERT keyboard
- USB
- A buit-in 3G modem! (Premium version)
- Wi-fi!!
- Bluetooth!!
- Internal Web browser
- Adobe® PDF10, RTF, TXT, BBeB and DOC.
- Easy search
- Dictionary and translation
- highlight and note taking
- Text-to-speech
- Inter Quiz - the books may contain tests and quizes. Aparently, you will be able to create and share your own.
- Wi-AA - (Academic Administration using Wi-fi) - the reader may be integrated in an academic network and access information from the institution. The teacher can manage classes and share with the students free content and tests, with automatic correction!!

It sure promisses a lot, but the site doesn't have any other links in it, so it makes me a little skeptic about it.
voidIndigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
.lrx or .lrf?
I don't know. The specs list BBeB. Nothing more.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #13
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The premium edition costs almost the double, because of the 3G modem and the extra 3GB of internal memory?!

Edit: nevermind. It adds 7GB of internal memory, the 3G modem and touchscreen. But even so...

Last edited by Over; 08-06-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:38 AM   #14
mairabc
mairabc began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
No ePub?

The specs say no ePub =P

I have already sent an email to them complaining about it. Maybe all the Brazilian readers out there could do the same :D

The device is not even a physical prototype yet, I guess there is time for them to add ePub to the supported formats.

Cheers!
mairabc is offline   Reply With Quote