Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-14-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Repligo - Great great tool!

Today I stumbled over Repligo from Cerience . I immediately fell in love with this tool!

Have another look here .

Basically, Repligo installs a virtual printer on your Windows machine, which allows you to basically "print" any document to your Palm. So it works with any type of document, such as Adobe .pdf or WinWord .doc files.

I think this is a great add-on to whatever offline browser you are using.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately it seems a little slow on my Clie. I am sure you OS 5.x guys are more lucky than I am with this tool
Advert
Old 03-28-2003, 03:47 PM   #3
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I played with this a couple weeks ago, and could find no use for it. It will allow you to reproduce acrobat documents, marks, signatures and all, but since I find .pdf documents pretty unreadable on a PDA, I dropped it. It doesn't do anything else that I can find that isn't done by other readers. RadleyP
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Well what is nice is that you can variably zoom into the pdf document. And you can even change the display mode so that it actually breaks the pdf layout and displays the text like a normal text document (the flowed mode)

The other nice thing is that the Windows convertor is actually a virtual printer driver. This means you can convert or "print" any document to the RepliGo format. Adobe Acrobat, WinWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc etc... it all works and fully preserves the layout.

For offline webpage reading or book reading I generally prefer iSilo. But for content that is more difficult to convert (PDF to HTML is not that easy, especially when the PDF has heavy layout), RepliGo can be a quick way of reading it on your PDA.

My problem is speed. Too slow for my old Clie.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:35 PM   #5
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Yes, speed is a problem (I have a 615). I found the zooming and scrolling quite impractical because of that. Since, in any case, I use Acrobat as little as possible - frankly, I have never understood why it become so prevalent - this is of little importance to me.

The developers are very responsive and helpful, which is great, but the program is simply not useful enough to me. Radleyp
Advert
Old 03-28-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
radleyp
Evangelist

One additional note: the developers stressed to me that RepliGo is not a web browser! It does not replace iSilo. RadleyP
Old 05-26-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
macumazahn
macumazahn began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
I love Vikao, anything you can copy to the clip board you can put on your Palm, I use it a lot to get internet maps, copy them and put them on the palm, it alows different zoom settings so I can use the map at whatevere setting I need as I travel
macumazahn is offline   Reply With Quote