Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2015, 05:48 PM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I tried it. After struggling to find a book where the £1.50 off would make enough of a difference to be worth buying through Sainsbury, I then found that it was first buy only. Why they're sending out the code to people who they know have already bought from them is a mystery to me, especially when the limit is in the small print, not the headline.

I have tons of nectar points. I'd love to spend them on ebooks at Sainsbury's. But I won't unless the price is right.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #47
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
I use luzme.com to search out prices. Lately Sainsbury is often the lowest I can find because of the current strength of the dollar. I would buy from Amazon.UK or Google.UK if they didn't use geographical restrictions.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #48
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Check your emails. Sainsbury's sent out a code for 10% off all(?) ebooks. Good through the end of Sunday.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #49
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here's a code I received for £1 off any book. EBSLOVE14215

I bought "The Slice of No. 1 Celebration Storybook" by Alexander McCall Smith. Since it was £0.99, it was free!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #50
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Another email with a code for bonus Nectar points this week-end only.

Yes, you'll collect 500 bonus Nectar points when you spend £5 or more on eBooks*. We've selected some hot titles, but you can choose anything on the site. Tony Parsons has a new crime short story for only 99p and our Book Club choice should not be missed.

For your 500 bonus Nectar points
just add the voucher code below at the checkout.
Your Voucher Code: EBSFEB500

T & C's:
*500 bonus Nectar points offer ends at 23:59 on 22nd February, 2015.

Voucher code cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher code. This voucher is, and shall remain the property of Sainsbury's Entertainment Ltd and is not for re-sale or publication. Normal voucher terms and conditions apply. Please see sainsburys.co.uk/ebooks for full terms and conditions.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2015, 01:58 AM   #51
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Hopefully this time I'll rememeber to use it unlike last weekends...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #52
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I've just killed my 1 year old Sainsburys account because the prices never showed when I looked at a book that I wanted to buy, so I thought that geo restrictions must be in place .... and now I've read on the previous page that in fact all I needed to do was to send the book to my Wishlist. Wow, what a funny system, lol!

Okay so I just bought my first ebook with a 20% off code that they gave me for being a new member:
EBSVIP20

As I say I've used it .... so can someone tell me, does that mean that another person can't use it now?

Also, when my purchase went through I didn't think that it was successful because it flicked to a page that seemed to suggest there may have been a problem. But it showed in My Orders and I've now got it successfully imported in Calibre, so all is well.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #53
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
This is my first time to check out this thread. I also just made my first trip to sainsburysebooks.co.uk.

I saw that Sainsbury offers some free ebooks. The ones that I saw look like public domain books that a person can get from numerous sources. Has anyone spent much time perusing the list? If so, is there anything unique among the offerings?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #54
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another thing to note about my purchase was that the code worked on a book that couldn't take the code at either Kobo AUS or GB.

The book was the same price at both Kobo GB and Sainsburys, 1.99.

So how come it was not a discountable book at Kobo?

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 02-24-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:05 PM   #55
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Another thing to note about my purchase was that the code worked on a book that couldn't take the code at either Kobo AUS or GB.

The book was the same price at both Kobo GB and Sainsburys, 1.99.

So how come it was not a discountable book at Kobo?
Sainsbury will discount Agency books on occasion. I recvd a 20% code a few weeks ago and it worked on every publisher I tried even Hachette. It's a shame no one could take advantage of the nectar points I was offered. Over 1100 nectar points were wasted.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #56
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Fbone were you able to sign up for nectar points?

Why couldn't anybody use your's?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:21 AM   #57
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Fbone were you able to sign up for nectar points?

Why couldn't anybody use your's?
Nectar's website says it's available only to UK residents. They require a UK mailing address.

Pdurrant was concerned that if I add someone else's nectar number to my order, I may have access to all their points.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:27 AM   #58
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Thanks Fbone.

To those people who have Nectar registrations, do you ever get postal mail from them?

I noticed a spot on their application form that allowed you to tick to receive email notifications only. But I'm wondering if the initial response by them is via mail to the nominated street address.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #59
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Thanks Fbone.

To those people who have Nectar registrations, do you ever get postal mail from them?
Yes, usually its a statement of points earned & redeemed and it can also contain other offers.

Quote:
I noticed a spot on their application form that allowed you to tick to receive email notifications only. But I'm wondering if the initial response by them is via mail to the nominated street address.
If you register for Nectar online then they will mail you a physical card which you can use to add points when you shop in store.

Nectar was originally Sainsbury's loyalty card for customers, but it has expanded so that you can get and redeem points with many organisations not just retailers e.g. British Gas gives points on your gas bill.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #60
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Thanks Micki Tee