Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1126
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It all depends on how you ask.
and what was wrong with my question exactly?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1127
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
and what was wrong with my question exactly?
That you obviously didn't bother to read the 3.1.1 announcement. That you don't bother to use correct capitalization in your sentences. That your entire question sounded more like "Where is my progress bar patch?!".

Off-topic discussion concerning this topic ends here, at least for me.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #1128
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Quote:
That you obviously didn't bother to read the 3.1.1 announcement. That you don't bother to use correct capitalization in your sentences. That your entire question sounded more like "Where is my progress bar patch?!".

Off-topic discussion concerning this topic ends here, at least for me.
yeah, you should really work with your perception..
though you're right about capitalizations.

thank you for jbpatch..

Last edited by April_7th; 01-17-2013 at 11:05 AM.
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1129
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
Installed JBpatch on my KT 5.3.2, perfect!

In a poll for new features to add to JBPatch I'd vote for adding covers to collections. I dont know it that is possible using a hack.
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1130
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Paperwhite 5.3.3 users:
Please don't spam this thread asking when there will be a version for Firmware 5.3.3. I'm not a patch-porting machine, and it will be released when it's ready. If Amazon weren't re-obfuscating their classes with every new firmware release, almost all of the patches would simply work on all firmware versions, and the time and energy could actually go into the development of new useful patches. But Amazon are really doing a great job in transforming patch development from an interesting and challenging hobby into a boring and tedious maintenance nightmare. WTF is wrong with you, lab126?!
Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the effort you put into this "interesting and challenging hobby". Now that you have me hooked on hyphenations, I don't want to go without! Thanks! (5.3.1 airplane moded and waiting patiently )
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #1131
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
For my part I see this as just one more reason to step away from stuff relating to the obfuscated underbelly.

replace not amend.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1132
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
For my part I see this as just one more reason to step away from stuff relating to the obfuscated underbelly.

replace not amend.
100% agreed - except that this is totally impossible in the case of JBPatch, because the underbelly is exactly what it was created for.

If the first versions of the firmware had been obfuscated as badly as the current ones are, JBPatch would never have been written in the first place. At the time, it was interesting and fun - but now, it's absolutely not anymore.

Last edited by ixtab; 01-18-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarification
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #1133
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The Man is Cruel.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1134
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ah, I was under the delusion JBPatch was working fine since I had installed it on PW newly upgraded to 5.3.3. But alas, just realized hyphenation isnt working. Shall wait patiently!
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #1135
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Smile Thanks for JBPatch

@Lab126 & Amazon: WTF! Way to be short-sighted idiots and hurt your own ecosystem long-term ... Loyalty is built by being awesome, not by being dicks to your community! How about you treat the devs here like you treat all the self-publishing writers, as valuable partners you can profit from? Urgh!

@Ixtab: Thank you for all the hard work on JBPatch sofar! It's a damn shame lab126 basically killed it for new firmware with their obfuscation bullshit. No-one can demand you to do thankless funless tedious code rewrites that add no functionality at all over and over again ...

I am just going to stay with the older firmware on my Touch then. My kindle would be way less fun to use without the custom font sizes and Fertigo as my reading font and the progress bar, so thanks for developing all that! Also, the framework is so damn buggy especially with sideloaded ebook files with less than perfectly valid HTML in them that I am rather glad I have a in-GUI option to "killall cvm" in JBPatch and Font Hack.

Plus thanks to all you other devs for developing the jailbreak. Thanks for the screensaver hack! And thanks for the USBNet hack! Being able to connect to my KT via SSH and look at the syslog in real time helped me understand more and more how it works and how I can sidestep some of its bugginess in using it. It made it less this frustrating closed-off mystery blackbox device and more like a linux tablet I can understand a bit and play around with and fix via console when it has issues just like my linux PC .

Dylan Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #1136
n0b0
n0b0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Nook Tablet
Thank you so much for this patch! I was a bit worried with this, since a really like my kindle (and it is bought in the US, but i live in Denmark).
I purchased the Kindle to read books (obviously), but also to read academic texts, but these are always posted in PDF and Kindle's default reader has HUGE margins. With this patch I'm easily able to read these text on the Kindle.
THANK YOU!

Also:
Will the margin-patch (which is the only patch I use) work if I install 5.3.3 or should I keep it in flight mode for now?
n0b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #1137
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0b0 View Post
Will the margin-patch (which is the only patch I use) work if I install 5.3.3 or should I keep it in flight mode for now?
No, the margins won't work yet in 5.3.3.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #1138
n0b0
n0b0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Nook Tablet
I'll just keep it in flight mode then, thanks
n0b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #1139
Fianor
Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am having trouble updating/uninstalling JBpatch 2.2.1. I am getting some error, I think it has a 006, but I'm not sure because the error code writes on top of the previous line. I have tried both install and uninstall and both give the error code.

I am trying to upgrade my KT to 5.3.2 and it won't update from USB, I was seeing some indication that I would need to uninstall JBPatch for the update to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit:
the error is unsupported init.xargs and then another error overwrites teh init.xargs line with something mentioning 006, the KT keeps scrolling on by while I'm trying to see exactly what they say.

edit2:
Nevermind, ignore the idiot here, I was trying the 5.3 version, because apparently I'm stupid.

Last edited by Fianor; 01-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Fianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #1140
Reagal
Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.Reagal got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
No news of JBpatch update for 5.3.3 PW users yet?

Sure Ixtab is working hard for us, i think.

See soon.

Last edited by Reagal; 01-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Reagal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks