Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
Clock setting on Kindle 3 wifi

Hi all,

I have a little Problem with my kindle 3 wifi. I don't know how to set the time correctly.

I have successfully jailbreaked my kindle and installed fbkindle as epub reader what works very well.

As i can show the clock while reading, it would be cool if i could set the riht system time.

There is no way to set the time via normal kindle settings menu. I can't find such an option.

greetings knorst
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Tarr
Tarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Hit menu from the home page I think it is. The trick is that there are 3 settings pages, not just the one. So turn the page and enjoy your newly accurate clock!
Tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
knorst
Enthusiast

Hi Tarr,

on my kindle is only one page there are no further settings!

could it be, that the other settings appear only when my kindle3w is registered to amazon, whats not happened yet?

or is there only one setting page available in the wfi model?

greets

knorst
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorst View Post
Hi Tarr,

on my kindle is only one page there are no further settings!

could it be, that the other settings appear only when my kindle3w is registered to amazon, whats not happened yet?

or is there only one setting page available in the wfi model?

greets

knorst
You have to register, as far as I know. Should be 3 pages in settings
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the other settings pages will be enabled when you registered your Kindle.

However, the settings pages only allow you to set the date, not the time. The time will be set when you connect to the WiFi network.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
knorst
Enthusiast

ok, got it

thank you!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Tarr
Tarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I don't mean to be argumentative but I had to change the time on mine manually as it did not do it itself (even while connected wifi) and I have double checked to be sure before posting and there is a choice to set the time just underneath the spot you enter a device password on page 2 of the kindle 3 wifi settings menu. As for registering to get the extra options I don't know since I never thought to look around before doing so but these guys know their stuff. I hit menu from the home screen and then settings and then turn to page two since the menu is different depending on where you are when you hit menu. (ie in a book)

Edit When I say kindle 3 wifi setting above I mean the general setting page on the kindle 3 wifi device. I was worried it might sound as though I meant a wifi settings page :P I overanalyze a lot

Last edited by Tarr; 03-23-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
I don't have my Kindle with me at the moment, but I do know that I had to update the time (page 2 or 3 of the settings, when accessed from Home) after we switched to Daylight Savings. I definitely had wifi on, and it did not pick up the time from there.

I can't really address the "have to register first" issue, since I didn't even realize the Kindle had a clock until after I registered.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarr View Post
I don't mean to be argumentative but I had to change the time on mine manually as it did not do it itself (even while connected wifi) and I have double checked to be sure before posting and there is a choice to set the time just underneath the spot you enter a device password on page 2 of the kindle 3 wifi settings menu.
Sorry, I'm getting mixed up. You can indeed set the time - it's the DATE that you can't set manually, and which is set from the network. Apologies for the confusion.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Re: DATE

Not only can't you set it but files in, at least, some cases get Date-Stamped with a time about 8 hours in my future. And depending on the time of day, with a date that is also in the future. This time-stamp has nothing to do with the time displayed when you press the menu key.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
Sancho-
Sancho- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there a way to change the time from AM-PM way to European way? (So 22h instead 10PM)
Sancho- is offline   Reply With Quote